𝟎.𝟐

The 30 to 40 minutes the teen friend group spent in the hospital were physically painful, as Tara would barely speak, not even to Amber or Vylette, her best friends. The opening door of the hospital room is what made the five teens stand up for their seats. Vylette was sitting on the other bed, with Wes on her right and Mindy on her left. As the door pulled back, the person was revealed to be a now seemingly stable Samantha Carpenter.

It was awkward as the teens and her locked eyes. Instantly bending down to talk to her sister, Sam was filled with worry.

"How you feeling?" Sam asked her sister who was slightly shocked at her arrival.

"You came?" Tara questioned, her tone sounding sad but also shocked.

"Of course I came, this is my boyfriend Richie"

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm so sorry if I'm intruding." Richie greeted. He was a bit too cheery and Vylette's face went straight into one of worry. He was a complete stranger to her and he didn't know what he would do.

"Nice to meet you too" Tara mumbled as her sister went around the room giving hugs to the four other teens, the ones that did actually like her.

"Hi Vylette, look at you!" Sam greeted as she wrapped her arms around the blonde who smiled.

"Hey Sam" Vylette replied as she smiled. The were partially close also but Sam's departure led to them going at it. At a time where it felt like she needed her the most she left her and Tara. Sam would walk over to Wes to greet him, where they had a small conversation until Sam was ready to introduce Richie to the teens.

"These are Chad and Mindy, they're twins. Vylette, and Wes. I used to babysit them all"

"Which is always how I like to be introduced." Wes spoke to clear the tension. His comment did get a few laughs though from Amber who probably did it to be snarky and Vy who meant it. Amber gave the boy a side eye at the comment which didn't go unnoticed.

"And Amber, hey" Sam spoke. The tension between the two was awkward as the raven haired girl faked up a smile.

"Hi, it's nice to see you" Was all she said, obviously with some sarcasm. Richie began to stutter as he tried to introduce himself to Amber and all he got was a hi.

"Where's mom?" Sam asked her sister which made Vylette huff a bit.

"She's stuck at a conference in London, she called me earlier." Tara told Sam which made Amber be the one to huff now.

"Yeah for all of 10 minutes" She snarked before speaking up once again.

"Uh Look guys, Tara's really tired, maybe we should give her some space." The group all agreed with the statement as they began to walk out.

"Not you, Sam. I want you to stay." Tara stated to her sister. There was slight confusion from Chad but the other three were quick to get him out, letting Vylette push him out.

Stepping out of the room with the others to give the sisters a moment, she felt the hand of Mindy slip into her own. Chad sent her a teasing look which just made her roll her eyes.

"What's his problem?" Mindy asked the girl beside her. Vylette shrugged, looking over at her friend. Mindy smiled which in return got the blonde to smile.

"He's just being annoying." Vylette said, side-eying Chad who looked at her all innocently. Mindy laughed before she flipped off her twin.

"As always." The brunette female added. This would make Vylette laugh herself as they walked further down the hospital hallways.

"Hey Vy, what did that girl say to you earlier?" Mindy questioned, which made Vylette's face soften. Earlier during the girls gym class, a random girl confronted Vylette accusing her of being Tara's attacker since the whole killer brother thing. One thing about students of Woodsboro High, they were fake as fuck.

Any other time Vylette would be praised, she's a cheerleader and managed to date one of the "hottest boys" at the high school but then as soon as a killing spree started, she was blamed for it because of her relation to her older killer. Didn't help that it was a sensitive subject for Vy.

"Oh you know the same old' Oh em gee! you have to be the killer, you are related to Charlie Walker!"

"Oh my god fuck that, it's such bullshit!" Mindy exclaimed, as she scoffed.

"You can't control who you are related to and you were eight when he killed people for fucks sake and didn't even know this was happening. Just the idea of you as a killer alone sounds stupid"

"Well when you try to explain that to someone, they instantly shut you down and assume you are lying!" Vylette sarcastically spoke.

"You are too nice and cute to be a killer Vy. I don't think you are the killer."

"Thank you Minds, wait you think I'm cute?"

"In a platonic way, you are just like a cute little chipmunk!" Mindy quickly replied, so the other female wouldn't get the wrong idea. Please she was just as worse as Vylette, purposely trying to flirt with the girl just to shut her down when she "got the wrong idea". Mindy knew what she was doing, though it was just a test.

She wanted to be with the Walker girl for years, being jealous of her and Oliver's relationship the entire year and a half. But if the blonde beside her had a sapphic bone in her body, Mindy just wanted to make sure so she wouldn't ruin the friendship by admitting to her. She was scared just like Vylette.

"I'm taking that as a compliment"

"You should it's true. But in all seriousness, don't let that killer bullshit get to you they are full of crap"

"I'm not gonna let it get to me. All that matters is if me and all of you get out of this shit safely." She replied, getting a hug in return from Mindy. She smiled on the shoulder of the girl, letting the heat from her cheeks take over.

The sound of Doc Martens and a gag is what made the girls pull away from each other. Of course someone had to ruin the moment and of course it was Amber.

"Ew, get up, Vylette's mom is here to get her" Amber explained in a tone which made both girls roll their eyes. The raven-haired girl pointed at Vylette before speaking.

"And if you act just like Wes and let your mommy convince you not to come to the bar later, I will actually block you. Just say you are going to your boytoy's house." From the distance she could see Wes scoff at Amber's statement. She quietly laughed as she got up to collect her things.

"Buh-bye Vy" Mindy spoke with a smile, which was returned by Vylette.

"Buh-Bye Minds"

They were Minds and Vy to each other, nothing else.

At least they thought.