𝟎.𝟑

The group of teens stood around a pool table, where Vylette had been slightly sandwhiched between Amber and Wes. Taking a sip from her spiked lemonade, Vylette looked over at Liv who began speaking.

"So what's this about this sister?" She asked. Vylette opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by an excited Chad.

"Sam, Sam is so cool!"

"Yeah, you only say that because she let you wear Pokemon onesies to bed for a year!" Mindy said as the girl sarcastically at her brother.

"That's true, that's a true statement." Chad said as he he did the pointing up to the sky thing. Vylette raised an eyebrow at her friends weirdness.

"Trust me, Sam is not cool, and barely cares about Tara. Sam's dad left her mom, right?"
Amber began to speak as she poured the contents of a flask into Chad's cup.

"He walks right out when Tara's eight,
Sam's thirteen. Sam started acting out, getting in trouble with the cops, and on Sam's eighteenth birthday, she leaves and ghosts them all. Maybe Sam's changed. I just don't want to see Tara hurt again."

"Wait, so you're protecting Tara from her own sister?"

"Someone has to." Amber replied to Wes.

"Okay, so no guys are good enough for her, and now her family is off-limits too?" The boy questioned, in return, Amber just rolled her eyes at him.

Mindy let out an humming sound which made the others eyes turn to her "Motive! If I can't have her, no one can." She said to the blonde boy.

"What?"

"We all know you have a crush on, Tara. But we are all suspects"

"Okay C'mon Mindy" Wes mumbled, slightly annoyed with his friend.

"Expect maybe Liv, you are too boring to be a pyscho. Vylette's too innocent."

"Innocent but not boring" Vylette remarked sending a joking smile towards Liv.

"Hey Liv," The voice of Vince spoke, making Vylette turn her head to his direction. "You want a real drink? Or you gonna be sitting at this kid's table?"

Chad began to walk up to confront the older man, ignoring the look that Vylette gave him. It was one that she gave him whenever she knew he was about to fight someone.

"Look, Uglier Michael Myers, it was a summer fling, so get over it-" Chad started, being cut off by Vince.
"Sorry, man, was I talking to you?"

"I don't fucking care who you're talking-"
Chad had once again been cut off, this time by Vince pulling out a switchblade. Vylette gasped, face scrunching into a frown.

"Are you about to assault a minor asshole?" Vylette questioned, in a tone of disgust.

"Shut up Barbie Bimbo Bitch" Vince insulted which made Chad flex at the man, as if he would fight him. Luckily the bar tender was quixk to actually realize something was wrong.

"Hey! Get out of here or I'm calling the cops."

"I'll see you soon, sweetheart," He spoke to Liv.