Chapter 11

I squirmed uncomfortably as the Geonosis bug fastened hand cuffs on my hands.  W had just got sentenced for "Espionage" and on top of that, we would be executed.  The Geonosian bug leads me to a open carriage, grabs a chain connected to the carriage, and attaches it to my hand cuffs.  Another bug does the same to Anakin in the same carriage as me, and I spot Padme being chained to one in another exit.  We are facing opposite of each other, I look over my shoulder and at the crowd of cheering Geonosians.

                "Don't be afraid," I crane my neck to look at Anakin's face.  

                 "I'm not afraid to die," He over at me, and for a split second, he looks at my lips.  I knew what I had to do.  I take a deep breath before saying, "I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life."

                  "What are you talking about?" The idiot.  He's making it so hard for me.

                   "I love you." The words I've wanted to say for so long, the three words that can change our lives.  He studies my face, cocking his head a little.

                    "You love me?" Yes.  With all my heart.  He looks down.  "I thought we had decided not to fall in love.  That we would be forced to live a lie... and that it would destroy our lives." Ani.  No. 

                     "I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway."  I look at me, my eyes filling up with tears.  "I truly, deeply, love you..."  He leaned down while I looked up.  "And before we die I want you to know." We kiss, and oh my, it was magical.  Our lips moved in perfect sync, everything around me just stopped.  The cheering Geonosians screaming for blood, the chirping bugs by our side, the sound of the driver getting in the front.  We broke the kiss, I reluctantly turned away from him to look upon the crowd.  I looked over to my right to see Padme enter in a different carriage, I sighed in relief.  

                      The driver snapped the whip, and the animal walked over to four posts.  My eyes met with Ani's as we passed.  They looked a little disappointed, I gave him my biggest, most sarcastic smile.  When we stopped, a Geonosian escorted me out first.  I grabbed a little bobby pin from my belt before they could see, and I slipped it in my mouth, holding it between my teeth.  The bug motioned me to lean against the post so I did.  The Geonosian grabbed my cuffed hands, attached a long chain to it.  He flew up with the chain, to a little ring and attached it to that.  I was trying to focus on how we would escape, when suddenly the crowd cheered even louder.  I looked up at archducal box, to see Poggle the Lesser (great name), Count Dooku, Nute Gunray, Jango and Boba Fett, and other guys whom I don't know the names of enter the box.  I scowled at all of them.  

                  Poggle spoke in Geonosian, which sounds like clicks, and I couldn't understand it.  After he let out another series of clicks, the crowd roared, and I assumed Poggle said something like 'let the execution begin.'  These bugs are insane.  

                 I put my mouth to my chains, and started twisting the pin through the lock.  l almost lost concentration when I saw a large cage open, a really big, really terrifying looking reek entered the arena.  Roaring his head off.   An acklay entered the arena next, clearly annoyed with his poking keepers.   A nexu entered next, also annoyed with his keeper, and being very nice, he ate his keeper.  And lastly, a rancor.  A creature of my nightmares.  I tried working as fast as I possibly could, trying to get the cuffs off before the rancor could get to me.  

                 I managed to get one cuff off, and started climbing up the pole.Once I got to the top, I started working on the other cuff.  The rancor really didn't like me up there, so he head butted the pole, shaking it.  I still didn't break my concentration.  The other cuff snapped off and I sighed in relief, now I have a rancor to deal with.  I back flipped off the pole and landed on the ground, standing behind the rancor.