Episode 1

Episode 1: Demon Lord of Yggdrasil

???: What's this...?

The thick forest that filled my field of vision made me gulp my breath.

What welled up next was a laugh.

It is true that I drank a bit of sake because my hobby of 15 years was going to end, but I didn't drink so much that I would be daydreaming of being thrown into a forest.

More so because I have work tomorrow.

Or maybe it is that... the one of 'I thought I had woken up, but at some point in time, I fell asleep again'?

???: Anyways, this forest is incredible... You are way too green.

Lately it has been repeat of round trips from work to home, so this bright green was hurting my eyes even more.

It felt as if my tired body was soaking in the magnificence of the nature. Or so I say, but I have to quickly prepare for tomorrow or it will be bad.

If I sleep in front of the PC, I will surely have muscle pain by tomorrow morning.

???: Even so, this is unbelievably real for a dream...

The sunlight shining in between the leaves of the trees, the dragonflies flying around, I can even hear the cries of the cicadas. When I look far away, I could even see a lake that's sparkling with the light of the sun.

Dreams are said to be a representation of your desires, but did I have a desire to be in a forest deep within my heart?

The moment I take one step to approach the lake, cold sweat flowed on my back.

???: What's with this feet?

What showed in my eyes was a high-quality leather shoe that doesn't have a single wrinkle. And when I look at my body, I could see a black suit.

Even though it is such a crazy hot season, I even have a long coat that goes all the way to the ankles.

???: I have a bad feeling...

My heart has been making an unpleasant noise for a while now. I hurriedly run to the lake, and with the speed of a cheetah, I ended up passing the forest.

That abnormal speed further increased the bad feeling I had.

Then, when I saw my own reflection in the lake...my bad feeling was confirmed.

???: Why...is Satan...!!

What's reflected in the lake is the last boss I am used to seeing

The Demon Lord that continuously pushed the Players into the depths of despair was right there. That face seemed to be finding something about this funny, it looked like there was a smile in it.

Satan: Don't joke around!

I am not at an age where I can say that about others, but this is just too much.