💝 Mellow - Gigi 💝

A late summer's sun basked the soft pillows on the windowsill in a cozy warmth.

Shady and Kitty had already found their way to the warm windowsill.

Shady had turned themselves into a soft ball of purring darkness on the cream pillows and Kitty lay stretched out next to them - her tail hitting Shady's head whenever the purring got too loud.

Gigi walked into the room, his ginger tail held high.

He looked up at his fellow cats snoozing on the pillows and realized what a golden opportunity this golden hour had brought.

He gathered the bit of energy he had left after stealing Alex' tuna sandwich and walked towards the windowsill.

He wiggled his but and jumped up.

His head barely stuck above the pillows as he clawed in the air and clutched onto everything and everyone trying not to fall down.

In his struggle, he grabbed Kitty's tail and yanked on it. Kitty jumped up and hissed. She whipped her tail in Gigi's face.

She saw Gigi desperately clutching onto the pillow she was standing on and realized that she was the only one preventing Gigi from falling down.

A smirk crossed her lips and a vicious smile of victory twinkled in her eyes as she noticed Gigi realizing it too.

Sheer terror was written on Gigi's face as he pleaded her for mercy.

Kitty trotted towards the pillow Shady was snoozing on and turned towards Gigi. She'd enjoy every second of this.

Gigi's pleading got more desperate. He promised Kitty heaven and earth. He promised her his firstborn kittens and even his favourite toys.

Kitty raised a paw and slowly placed it on Shady's pillow.

Her evil smirk grew wider as Gigi's despair grew deeper.

Gigi now promised Kitty to treat her like a goddess and offer her the first choice of his food.

But Kitty enjoyed this too much. She raised her second paw and hovered it over Shady's pillow.

Gigi's eyes filled with tears. "Pweaze don't do this to mew," he begged. "I love you."

Kitty stopped in her tracks. She stared in Gigi's emerald eyes filled with sadness and despair.

Gigi mewed. "I love you."

Before Kitty could react, Shady - while still asleep - tackled her with their tail.

Both Kitty and Gigi slid with the pillow down the windowsill to a sudden dea-

The pillow fell on the floor, but Kitty and Gigi did not.

Kitty felt something soft against her back and Gigi felt something soft underneath them.

"Be careful, you two," Dean softly said as he hoisted them back on the windowsill. "I don't want you to get hurt."

He petted Gigi and Kitty and grabbed the pillow that had fallen on the floor.

As he placed the pillow back, Dean looked at Shady. "That's agreat idea, Shady," he said as he gently petted them too.

Dean snuggled on the pillows next to the cats and basked in the soft summer's sun.

Gigi stared at Kitty heartbroken. "You would have let mew fall," he mewled.

Kitty was speechless. Of course she'd let him fall. They were sworn enemies after all... Were they?

Kitty shrugged. "Not my fault you're a pussy."

She turned her back to Gigi, stretched on the pillow and basked in the golden light.

Gigi turned his back to Kitty too and crawled on Dean's lap.

Dean gently petted Gigi.

Gigi could finally relax. "At least Dean loves me," he purred and liquefyed like cats do.

The golden hour had indeed brought a golden opportunity. It might not have turned out how Gigi had hoped, but as he purred to sleep in the soft summer's sun, he couldn't help but think that this was way better.

"At least I get to keep mew food," he purred.