Chapter 9

Before this chapter starts I just wanna say that I know that they go to the fair on Monday the 14th, but thats not going to work with this time-line thing i got going. So for the sake of the story just pretend they go to the fair on Wednesday the 14th. Thank you!

Wendsday, September 14, 2022 7:20 am

Noel's Pov

It's the day of the fair. I'm "so" excited. If you couldn't tell I'm being sarcastic. I don't know why but when as soon as I woke up my anxiety has been really high. I guess it's just I'm just nervous for the competition. But it doesn't feel like it just that. It's something else, I'll just ignore it.

Anyways, we have been waiting for Father Marcus to get what we need for the day. Ocean keeps trying to get us to practice one last time, nobody's doing it but her can Constance. Ricky and Penny are just watching videos on Penny's phone. Mishca was listening to music.

We haven't talk since I left his house. Which I've kinda wanted to talk to him but I don't want to be a bother.
Father Marcus voice interrupts my thoughts, it's time to go to the fair.

Ocean and Constance sit next to each other, poor Constance. Obviously Ricky and Penny sit next to each other. Leaving Mischa and I having to sit next to each other. Now my anxiety is even higher.

"Hey Gruber." Mischa says as he sits down. Okay anxiety going down.

"Hey Misch. Sorry I haven't texted you. I had something important to talk about."

"Oh no, it is fine. I had something important to do also."

"Oh okay then" He doesn't say anything, he just nods. I put in my ear bud's and wait until we get to the fair.

(Time skip to when they get there)

We all get out of the van and wait for Father Marcus to tell us what he wants us to do.

"Okay everyone, the competition isn't untill 1:00 so you guys can enjoy the games and rides untill then. I expect you all to be at the stage at 12:45." Father Marcus tells us before he walks away.

"Okay guys I think we should all stick together so we all show up to the competition at the same time." Ocean stood in front of all of us as she says this.

"U-um actually Ocean, Me and Pe-enny were going to e-explore the fair to-ogether..." Ricky was looking down at his feet. He seems nervous.

"What, but what if you guys get lost? Then we'll have to do the competition whit out you guys. And that wi-"

"Ocean, I'm sp-pending that day w-with my partner!" Ricky interrupted Ocean.
Penny looks at Ricky and smiles holding his hand.

"Wait what?! Since when?!" Ocean looks so surprised.

"Um like three months." Penny chimed in. "Anyway we're going to go have fun now bye!" Penny and Ricky walked of after that.

"Who knew about them?" Ocean looked around at the rest of us. Constance said no.
"Noel?"

"Yes?" I don't even understand why this is so important to her.

"Did you know?" She puts her hands on her hips.

"Yes Ocean, I helped Penny ask Ricky out so, yes I knew. Why do you even give a fuck anyway?"

"Because I thought Penny would have told me... I thought she trust me with stuff like that." She sounds kinda sad.

Truthfully I don't hate Ocean, even though she can be a pain in the ass. She's been there for me when no one else was. Especially when my dad left. I didn't know who to go to so I went to her.

"Ocean, Penny wanted to tell you all especially you. It was Ricky who was scared. He saw how you acted with Mishca and Natalia." There was a look of realization on her face.

"Oh... I didn't even realize I was being like that. I'm sorry Mischa!"

"Hmm? Sorry for what?" Mischa hadn't been paying attention to this whole conversation. He was on his phone typing something.

Wendsday, September 14, 2022 8:05 am

Mischa's Pov

I have been writing out exactly what I want to say to Noel when I tell him how I feel. It has to be perfect. I think they'll like if it sounds more romantic and poetic.

"Oh... I didn't even realize I was being like that. I'm sorry Mischa!" I look up from my phone.

"Hmm? Sorry for what?" Ocean looks a little made while Constance let's out a laugh. Ocean shoots her a look.

"Sorry..." They say then look towards the ground.

"We're you seriously not listening to a single thing that we just said?!"

"Uh no. I have more important things to be worrying about."

"Ugh! I was apologizing for being rude about your relationship with Natalia!" She looks as almost as red as her hair.

"Ohhh, well thank you. Now Me and Gruber are going to explore the fair." I take Noel's hand and walk into the fair while Ocean is yelling, she'll give up eventually.

As we walk through the entrance I let go of Noel's hand. I didn't want to but hopefully after I tell him how I feel I will be able to hold his hand all the time. Just thinking about it makes me happy. Being able to hold their hand, hug them, ...kiss them. God I hope he likes me back.

"Misch, You okay?" Noel put his hand on my shoulder.

"What?- oh yes, fine. What should we do first?" I look at him.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Uh- no I haven't, why?" I normally don't eat in the morning. Mainly because I don't have the food but still.

"Just come on." He took my hand and lead me to, well I don't actually know what it is called. But Noel says that last year they had breakfast from here so I guess that's what they serve.

We have to wait in line. It's not a long line, well I may be long but I am focusing on Noel. He's still holding my hand. I don't want to bring to much attention to it incase he thinks I don't want him to hold it, because I definitely do, and let's go.

They're telling me about the food we could get. I'll really eat any. Well almost any. I remember Penny brought in some, I guess you could call them cookies. And let's just say they weren't the best. But no one had the heart to tell them.

"Just get whatever you want. I'm fine with whatever."

"Oh okay!" He seems happy about that.

We got our food, Noel picked out something he got last year, and went to sit down at a little table. The hole time we held hands. I saw a few people look at us. But whatever I'm just happy I get to hold Noel's hand!

OMG I AM SO SO SO SORRY THAT IS IS SO LATE!!! I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO UPDATE THIS BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN MOTIVATED! Anyway that me know if you liked this chapter and if there are any typos or grammar mistakes!