CHAPTER 7 | VESTIGES OF THE DEAD

[ This chapter will have major story implications and some retcons due to information learned in the second episode of Mobile Suit Gundam : Witch from Mercury Season 2 ]

[ This chapter.. Will need a minor warning to those with queasy stomachs, or a general hate for some, distasteful, topics within our world.. You can somewhat guess what they will be.]

Otherwise, you've been warned.

POV [ Narrator ]

Eerie darkness filled the environment as soft and shallow breaths could be heard, the breathing was quick, and from someone who was obviously in some sort of pained state, it continued for while until light entered the dark revealing the angered expression of Arashi "Samuel" Hokubu, it was as if the male was growling due to him having his teeth bared.

Light filled the room that he was sat in quickly as the cockpit of the Unicorn was revealed, the screens were all mostly tinged red as it appeared a liquid? Of some kind dripped down over the Mobile Suits external cameras, the cockpits hatch opened as the male exited the Unicorn, his vision being somewhat blinded by the lights of the sun beaming in, but this was quickly ignored as Arashi hopped down from the cockpit, landing on the pavement below, however the pavement wasn't what he landed on, instead it was the edge of a pile he landed on, the pile being that of corpses, a massive.. pile.. of.. corpses.

After a slight glance at his work, which was not just corpses, it was also a mix of Mobile Suits and other vehicles.. It was a aftermath of a warzone, and the warzone was one that Arashi was the butcher of.. With him turning around slowly.. There was a survivor.

And that survivor was attempted to crawl from the butcher, limping away on a broken legs, with a large spear of some kind impaling their side, it appeared that the spear was the remnants of a antenna piece, and by god was that 'survivor' running, with them making it no less than one hundred paces before tumbling to the ground, them crying out in pain as the impaled item in them got hooked on the ground, pulling it out far enough that the item was no longer going in one end and out the other, instead it was in one end and moving around inside of them. Causing some serious damage to their internals but not nearly enough to force them unconscious or force their death quicker, it was just enough to cause them more and more pain. 

But now with them on the ground, Arashi caught up to the raider, finding them out to be female, and it was like a ghost was looking at him! The female was very pale, be it from their injuries and the lack of blood, or some other factor.. But Arashi tossed away their look as he grabbed their broken leg, well one of the broken limbs, stopping them from crawling away any more, this of course threw the female into a panic, with them squirming in his grip before turning towards him.

"P-please! PLEASE! I don't want to die! Please.. PLEASE!"

Their begs for mercy went in Arashi's ears quite easily, but it instead of being a negotiating factor became one that agitated and caused the male to become further angered, with his previous teeth baring returning, and this time it was accompanied with a low growl.

"The people who you butchered with your 'family'.. Did they ask for mercy? Did you give them a quick death? Or did you let them die slowly as you committed your horrendous act?"

Now, if one was to query what Arashi meant by horrendous act one could easily guess torture.. Or maybe even the act of violation! But within the colony, Arashi was becoming the judge.. Jury.. and, Executioner. The colony had a extensive policing and defense grid per-say, with cameras, and many other devices required to police a state without a fault and have a proper incident recording process, and now it was being used by Arashi to a extensive extent, as the boy had used the Unicorn and its advance systems to locate and kill all the raiders, which he did with the utmost efficiency of course, however with the systems he discovered something phenomenal. They were all still active when the raiders did their acts, this of course led to enraging Arashi further, and was the reason for him being within the dark confines of his Aibo's cockpit, he listened to all the recordings, watched all the cameras, and became more and more brutal with each raider he killed, there was plenty of them, plenty. He made sure to hunt them all down, thus explaining the massive pile of corpses and machines, they attempted to overpower him with numbers, this led to their forces being annihilated, but some survived, and this woman was one of the few that lived, her deeds done being some of the most horrendous, and he in this moment was seeing her survival as a god send.. He could wrap his own hands around her throat.. Now what did she do? She did kill, that would be a common, but this in Arashi's words 'Sick Fuck' rounded up what children she could get from the school and.. Had her way with them before hanging them..

He was bubbling with anger, so much so that a practical avatar of his rage was forming behind him in some sort of visage.

"I d-did! I'm only apart of the house as a mercenary! We were hired to help them!"

'Lies..

His growling ceased, but his grip did not. He pulled on the females leg, bringing her closer to him as he grabbed her by the throat, lifting them female up before spinning her around, placing one foot on on of her broken limbs, the 'step' being more of a stomp as she howled out in pain.

"Lying is one sure way to make me angrier."

He whispered into the womans ear as he slammed her into the ground, grabbing her head by her hair as he repeated the pure brutality he was committing, each slam forming spider web like cracks around the impact area, the womans face being peeled up from the tarmac as her teeth tumbled from her hanging jaw. Even with all this damage the woman was still conscious, it was a miracle! A miracle she was conscious still, as Arashi was not done with the female and was even exerting his abilities to keep the female awake, he did not want this woman to die quiet. 

"I expected raiders to do disgusting things, since murder was on your agenda.. But to go after kids like that?! What kind of FUCKING-!"

He'd dropped the woman before grabbing the item that was impaled into her, ripping it from its resting place as blood spurted from the wound and from the females mouth onto Arashi.

"SICK-!"

Arashi would take a crack at the females torso with the pipe, ribs shattering and caving inwards from the sheer strength from the blow, one would think the pipe would go clean through since Arashi's strength was much more than this, but he made sure to limit it even in his rage.

"BASTARD-!"

His next swing aimed for the lower back of the woman, this time the swing and a majority of his strength in it, with such a thin weapon and so much force behind it, the females leg that was being held down by Arashi tore away at the knee, the body skipping across the tarmac. Screams came from the raider in gargled noises, blood of course was pooling in their mouth removing their ability to speak, this though was not enough for Arashi as he want the female to suffer more, so he dropped the bar he was using, instead grabbing one of the many weapons that was scattered around, removing the canister that was attached to the rifle of sorts, stomping over the female before propping her up, her eyes stared at Arashi as he held the item, fear visible. It was that single emotion until Arashi brought his arm back and rammed it into the hole that was previously made by the antenna piece, forcing the canister into the woman torso, his hand caked in blood as he removed it.

"Now.. I learned a very long time ago, the most painful death is burning.. But how about if we make you burn from the inside out?"

He explained to the female before taking a pistol he had also picked up, aiming it at the womans lower torso as she rolled over, attempting to crawl away.

"What a amazing sight.. Humanities drive to survive sure is amazing.."

He mumbled before pulling the trigger, the round flying from the barrel of the gun, entering the females back before striking the canister within, igniting the item in question as woman began rolling around, fire jetting from their wounds.. Then soon their skin began bubbling as black spots began forming around their body, smaller jets of fire scorching through the skin turning it all to charcoal. The womans cries ending as her entire chest crumbled inwards, the skin falling away to reveal charcoal black organs and scorched bones.

"One dead.. Three others to go.."

His muttering was cut off by the Unicorn stepping towards him, crouching down as its cockpit opened, his form clambering into it before the Armor plates shifted, opening up and blossoming into its NT-D state, Arashi's emotions could not be hidden no more, and that was so much more true to the Unicorn who slowly rose up from the ground, the Demons wings opening up as it looked around, piercing red eyes glancing over the battle field as it slowly moved more towards the only exit that was available for the last surviving raiders from the group that was sent down.

Yes the group that was sent down.. Arashi had quickly figured out that the individuals who he had butchered were a wing of a larger group that intended to completely pillage the colony and force it to become tributary to the raiders to prevent further raids.. It would've been a sound plan, and it was, for the most part as the Raiders managed to do their business and destroy most of the colony's small population, killing most but not all of the inhabitants, this was a somewhat small colony after all.. They also had a benefactor.. A single Mobile Suit who appeared before them and gave them the colony's location for free, only asking for scraps.. Now how did Arashi figure all of this out, excellent integration tactics combined with infiltrating some of the raiders intact mobile suits.

All of this crumbled apart, with Arashi being the sledgehammer that knocked out the support for the goal of the raiders, and his warpath has lead him to figuring it all out, with him landing in front of the primary entrance elevator.. It was quite majestic, however in this moment it had smoke billowing from it along with no less than hundred of bodies and such in its courtyard, some were raiders, while others were people who were victims.