𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶

𝓢𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓼
With a sigh, you searched high and low for anything that could be of assistance to you. Papa Nihil had requested you make yet another potion for him. This kind of thing wasn't uncommon; you were the ministry's witch after all.

Your ancient bookshelf was adorned with thousands of potion books yet you couldn't seem to find a single recipe that was useable with your very limited ingredients. You did order more. Two whole weeks ago but for some unknown reason nothing had arrived yet.

The roaring ember under your cauldron died out (along with your patience) as your head rested on the dark, wooden desk that you currently sat at. Next to your head sat a black ball of fur curled up into a little ball snoring lightly. Charm. Your adorable bombay cat with the most gorgeous amber eyes was napping once again.

Moments after lifting your head off of your desk, you locked eyes with a ghoul who you'd never seen before. He was about 5''10 and had quite a slender build but what really stood out to you where his unique golden eyes. Taken aback by your beauty, the newcomer paused for a second before speaking, "Your the witch? (Y/N) right?". You nodded and hummed in confirmation causing him you to hand you a white paper bag with your name written messily on in black pen. "Someone accidentally left these in the ghouls area." he stated. Almost immediately, you perked up. "So that's where they've been! I can thank you enough uh..."

"Call me Swiss"

𝓐𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

The cold stone benches of the ministry grounds were a lovely place to read a book when the library was closed. Ancient trees and unusual plants surrounded you, allowing you to fully succumb to the whimsical and spooky delights of your imagination. The area was almost completely vacated apart from yourself and three ghouls. One of which was your friend Sodo who you gave a small wave; the other two you recognised from the band. What you failed to notice though, was the pair of ghoulish purple eyes that tracked you. Mesmerised. He couldn't explain it, but the ghoul who owned the eyes found everything you did to be hypnotic in the best possible way.

Although you didn't notice the quintessence ghouls staring, your (horny) fiery friend, sodo, did. "Aeth? Aether!" he called, getting the attention of swiss too. "Ah. Sodo. What?" Aether replied panicking slightly that he had been caught. Luckily, he snapped out of his lovesick trance before he could have something (most likely a guitar pic) thrown at him. "you ok man?" Swiss questioned. With a smirk, Sodo replied, "He's more than ok. Looks like our Aether has a crush" He jabbed his thumb in your direction. Swiss started making ooo sounds and teasing kissy faces immediately. Flustered, Aether shook his head and waved his hands in denial of what the fire ghoul had said. "No I don't, Sodo. I don't even know her-"
"You don't know her?" Sodo interrupted. Aether shook his head. "This could be fun. Hey, (Y/N)!" Before Aether could stop him, Sodo had called you over.

You looked up from your book upon hearing your name to see Sodo waving you over. As you approached he said, "This is Aether. You two would get along great" before walking off and snickering with Swiss. Aether tried to stutter out an apology for his friends hi-jinx but you simply laughed and said, "It's Aether right? I''m (Y/N). Wanna read a book with me?"

𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷

Humming a soothing melody, you rearranged the books on your favourite shelf to be in the perfect order. Serenity laced the air like a sweet perfume as the cascading rain gently tapped the glass of the window pane. Being a librarian was always peaceful. Well, almost always. Like any other job, it does have its occasional tedious moments. Today however, was one of the more pleasant days; there was only you there for a start. Alone time was something you cherished. Books were sometimes better company than people.