Chapter 7: Those Eyes

It was hard to relax yesterday. I wanted to go to the shop in the afternoon to help out, but mom was very persistent on me not leaving the house. So I just did a bit of tidying up and talked with Jiro.

But now it's friday, and the last day of school before me and Jiro's not-a-date date. I was excited, to say the least. I left the house that morning with a pip in my step and greeted everyone who waved at me. The news about the USJ attack was still very much widespread.

That was included in our class. "Were totally big deals. Those news channels love us and are practically celebrities." Kaminari said, leaning back. "It's kinda crazy too, don't you think." Kirishima added on. "Get over yourselves. The hero course that pumps out pro's was attacked. That's all they care about." Jiro stated.

"We wouldn't be here if backup didn't show up when they did." I added on. "Why would you say that?!" Mineta yelled. "I'm gonna pee my pants just thinking about it!" "Aw! Shut up! Grow a pair loser!" Bakugo yelled at him. "Did you guys see All Might fighting that bird guy?" Sato started.

"That guy was super strong, and he still destroyed him!" "Yes. His strength is truly a thing of wonder." Tokoyami added on. Iida came running into the room. "Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone, stop talking and take your seats!" Iida said.

"Uh, we're all sitting." Sero said. "Yeah, you're the only one who's standing." Kirishima added on. "Who do you think is gonna teach class today?" Mina asked. "No idea, Mr. Aizawa is still in the hospital." Tsu said.

But as soon as the words left her mouth, the door slid open. We all looked to the front and saw Mr. Aizawa and his whole face bandaged up, both arms in slings. "Good morning, class." He said. "Woah what a pro." Kaminari said as Mr. Aizawa shuffled in slowly. "Mr. Aizawa. I'm glad you're okay!" Iida said. "You call that okay?" Uraraka said under her breath.

"My well-being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet." He said, finally getting to the podium. "Our fight?" Bakugo asked. "Don't tell me?" Kaminari asked. "Not more bad guys." Mineta cried.

"The UA sports festival is about to start." He really needs to stop scaring us like that.

"Let's go kick some ass!" Kirishima yelled. "Wait a second." Kaminari interrupted by smacking him in the face. "Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asked.

"It would be easy for them to attack once we are all in the same place." Ojiro added on. "Theoretically yes. But most of the people attending the sports festival are either pros and sidekicks or other department superlatives scouting kids out. It's insanely hard to get tickets since they sell out fast. It was insane for the League to attack the USJ. It would be downright stupidity for them to attack the sports festival." I told.

"The administration thinks that this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all UA students. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains." Aizawa droned on. "I'm sorry, but why not? It's just the sports festival." Mineta said.

"Don't you know how important this competition is?" Midoriya asked. "Of course I do, I just don't want to get murdered." He reasoned. "Our sports festival is one of the most watched in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the olympic games, but then quirks started appearing. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership." Aizawa added.

"That's right, and top hero's everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted." Momo added. "Unless you're dead." Mineta added. "She's right. After graduating, a lot of people join agencies as a sidekick." Kaminari said. "Yeah, but that's as far as some people go. They miss their chance to go indie and go to official agency pro. Actually, that's probably where you're heading. You're kinda dumb." Jiro said.