PART-5

Turmoil of emotions.
Yeah. That's what was going inside her right now as she stepped out of the car in front of the burnt house.
Anger
Grief
Confusion and so much more
She didn't even know what to feel at that moment.
She walked into the house and saw everything was destroyed.
"MA'AM let me show you the body"
She was walking with heavy steps towards the body which was lying down in front of her.
"How did you identify the deceased?"Jack asked to the local police
"Face is completely burnt so we weren't able to identify the subject as such"
"Then how did you say for sure that this person is Fabian Chris?And who was the one who passed this news?"Stella asked.
"I did. Hello Detective Jack. Stella." A voice came from behind.
"Hello Nathan. What are you doing here?Jack this is Nathan. My old colleague when I was in Narcotics "Stella replied
"As you know we were trying to catch him from a long time,we found out he lived here so we think this is him because apart from him we didn't see anyone going in or coming out. Besides even you got a parcel of his photo and jewellery regarding this matter, didn't you? That's why I passed the news." Nathan said.
"Still we have to be sure. Let's send the body to ME for autopsy. See if we can match the DNA if there is left any"Jack said.
"You are right, Jack. We need to confirm it before anything "Stella said.
"We are suspecting it as a Arson case. We think some old enemy. You know how this narcotics work. Drug deal gone wrong types. And Ohh yeah there is one more thing I found in deceased's pocket. Here it is" Nathan gave something to Stella.
Stella took it.
She was just staring at that thing.
"Are you okay, Stella?"Jack asked
"Yeah! I am fine. Thanks for your help Nathan but I think we will take it from here. It's a suspected murder case and homicide department will handle it"Stella said.
"Okay see you soon Stella" Nathan smiled at her and walked away.
"Don't get me wrong Stella but that dude gives me cold vibes. Do you think what he suspected is right?"
"We are not going to conduct investigation on basis of what he said. Besides his story has some dots which I can't seem to connect. Anyways you go and question the suspect he mentioned. I will go to Suzie and find out if she got anything."
She was going to sit in her car when Jack came running towards her," Are you free tonight? You know if you are, I would like to take you for dinner "
"I am sorry Jack . I have work to do. Maybe some other time"
"Okay. See you at the station"
While driving,she called Suzie," Hey did you get anything?"
" In the process. I will call you Stella once I am done"
She was just driving for over an hour now and before she knew it she reached at the place which was once her solace .
She looked at the wrecked place which was once a beautiful home and a barren land where once everything was green.
She was walking on the land, suddenly she started screaming
All the emotions that were penting up inside her since she heard about his death started flowing from her eyes.
She looked at the beaded bracelet she was wearing and the bracelet which Nathan handed to her.
When she saw the burnt body she thought maybe people took it wrong. Maybe he is alive .
But the moment she saw her old broken bracelet her one hope that she had,it vanished.
She remembered how he ended up having her bracelet.
20 years ago.
A girl was crying sitting in the farm.
"What happened Chubs? Why are you crying?"a boy asked.
" My bracelet is broken"
"Don't cry. I will ask my dad to buy you a new one "
"No. I want this one. My dad gave it to me.
He said if I wear this bracelet I will get his strength and I will never feel alone.But now it is broken."
He looked at her for a while, then took her hand and brought her to where he was making a school project.
There were beads on the table.
He took the thread and made a bracelet of beads.
"Give your hand" he told her
He made her wear that beaded bracelet and said, " See you have this now. I am giving you my strength.You are not alone. You will always have me with you. And yes I am taking your broken bracelet with me.What will you give me in return?"
"I don't have anything to give you right now."
"Fine.I will keep this broken bracelet with me in return of the one I made for you.One day when you grow up you buy a new one and then you can take it back from me. What say?"
"Promise "
"Promise "
They didn't know the promise that was made in sheer innocence will come to end like this.
At present,
" This is not how we were supposed to do it"she spoke while looking at the two bracelets in her hand.
She looked at the sky and spoke,
"He tore the pages of our happiness and destroyed our blissful chapters but I promise you that I will write the last chapter of his book with the ending that he deserves.
And then one day maybe we will see eo again,Oreo"
" Be my strength Oreo like you have always been. I need it most right now to make him pay for all the crimes that he did"
She called Jack and said ,"Did you talk to the suspect?"
"He confessed it. He said he killed Fabian because Fabian was going to run away with the drugs and money. But I don't think it is the whole truth "
"Because there is much more to the story than what it seems. You come to my place I am sending you the address and just bring Ross and Alex with you. Don't tell anyone else. Bring all the files. I will explain it to you when we meet"
" Okay see you in an hour"
She also called Suzie and asked her to come
In an hour,she reached home.
Then other four came.
"What's wrong Stella Ma'am? Why can't we discuss it at station?"Alex asked
"Because Alex I think there is someone who is passing info. We can't take any risk right now. You are the only three people I can trust on in my team."
She heard the coughing sound of Suzie
"And ofcourse you my dear Suzie"
"She opened the door of her room where she kept all her investigation materials.
The other four were just gawking at all the articles, pictures and clues on the walls.
"Wow. This is just..." Ross couldn't complete the sentence.
"I am investigating these from years. Now I want you guys to help me out. I am saying it beforehand this is going to be risky. So you can back out now if you want"
"We are with you Stella." Suzie said" That jerk needs to pay for hurting innocent people "
Others agreed.
"Let's start with the fact that Nathan is one of the suspect in this as well as serial murder case. "Stella said.
Everyone was shocked at what Stella said.
Because it was hard to believe that an officer who was working for ten years in police department is involved in this
" But he has clear records." Jack said
At the same time Suzie's phone pinged.
"Guys I am going to give you a mind blowing piece of info.So how about you open your jaws. You know for the dramatic effect."Suzie said" Drumroll please "
Alex started playing on the desk.
Suzie gave them a look
"You are no fun babe"
All four stopped laughing
" Cut it out you guys okay. What is it Suzie?"
" Fine. So whole body was completely burnt.
It was almost impossible to find anything. If any other ME would have been in my place,he/she would have missed it for sure.
But then again you know how brilliant I am.."
" Suzie will you come to the point?"
"Okay. Okay. I managed to find a part of a nail and sent it for the DNA analysis.
I just got the results and guess what it doesn't belong to Fabian Chris.
So... conclusion...He might be still alive"
Stella felt like she was drowning in sorrows and suddenly she got a breathe of fresh air.
She didn't know how much it was true at that point but only the glimmer of hope was able to bring a wide smile on her face.

That's it for now.
So the question is how did he manage to escape?
Why does Stella think that Nathan is a suspect?
Stay tuned for the next part.
Thank you 🤍🌻