PART-11

Seven years later...

"Sorry Stella to call you on your day off at the station. But I needed to complete the paperwork of our last case and I needed your sign." Jack apologised to her
"Don't worry about it. It's my job."
After finishing work,they were walking out of the station.
"So how is my little munchkin doing? It's been ages since I saw her."
" She went to Suzie's place for sleepover. Suzie will be coming here to drop her anytime soon. Seriously Jack, you and Suzie have turned her into a full on dramatic kid . Besides you just saw her day before yesterday when you took her to the park..And stop spoiling her you guys."
" It's called loving Stella not spoiling. But you wouldn't know that you stuck up woman. And it's not our fault that she is the cutest person on this planet." A voice came from behind which belonged to her best friend who was on the list of people whom she loves but also who annoys her so much sometimes.
" Hey Suzie" Jack greeted .
"Hey there"
"So where is my little monster?"Stella asked her.
As soon as she asked this, a little girl came running towards her and jumped on her.
"I am here mumma. You missed me,right? It's been so long"
Stella gave look to Jack which meant this is what I was talking about ...DRAMA!
She kissed her cheeks. "Of course I did baby. We have been apart for so long right...like twelve hours...it's just too much"
Listening to this, everyone laughed.
" See uncle Jack . Mumma is being rude"
" She has always been. How about we eat chocolates to erase the rudeness?"
" Only you people love me."saying this she flipped her brown shoulder length hair which she inherited from her mother.
Then she went to Jack and hugged her.
" I love you uncle Jack."
" And what about me kiddo? Has Faith forgotten her favourite uncle?"
"Uncle Nathan...." She screamed and ran towards him.
He lifted her up.
" I love you too uncle Nathan"
" But she loves me more" Jack interrupted.
" Nope it's me she loves me more" Nathan said.
This continued for ten minutes.
Stella was used to witnessing this every other day.
" I can't believe two of the most feared detectives are fighting over whom a six year old loves more..." Stella rolled her eyes.
"Well can you blame them? Faith can make anyone fall for her. My kid Stuart waits for every weekend to play with her." Suzie told Stella
"You are right. She is my life"
Stella went ahead and took Faith from Nathan's arms.
"Okay stop it guys. You can continue later on. Faith baby let's go.We are getting late. Daddy must be waiting for us." Stella spoke
"It's a very important discussion. You won't understand."Jack told her
Nathan agreed while nodding his head.
Stella again rolled her eyes something she has been doing a lot these years.
"Yayyy... We are going to meet Daddy. You know I even made a card last night for him as a gift . Daddy will love it,right?"Faith asked her mom looking at her innocently.
"Of course he will. How can he not love a gift from the most precious gift god gave him?"Stella told her.
Faith smiled hearing this.
"Bye everyone. See you later." saying this Stella and Faith went in the car to meet the person whom they loved the most.
"Mumma you bought the same flowers as last time."
Stella looked at Dandelions in the back of the car and smiled.
"It's your Dad's and mine's favourite kiddo."
"Okie Dokie. But just to be clear Dad is going to like mine more because he loves me more"
Stella laughed remembering the conversation she had years ago about how he is supposed to love her more than their kid.
Guess her kid is also jealous when it comes to her husband's love.

Soon they reached the place they were supposed to meet .

Faith was holding her hand ,jumping excitedly.
She was wearing a smile on her face for Faith but no matter how many times she visited this place, it was never easier.
They reached at the entrance of the place.

They walked inside. Stella stopped and put the flowers on the grey stone placed there which read,

HERE LIES
FABIAN CHRIS
A loving son,husband
and father.
CHUB's OREO