Back To The Past II

'It was Jiang Cheng'

He was carrying a tray full of some medicinal herbs.

Jiang Cheng walked towards Wei Wuxian to place the tray next to his bed.

"Wei Wuxian, how many times do I have to tell you not to get up? Will you die if you don't fool around for some time? Especially when your body is in such a state," said Jiang Cheng.

'What state? What is he talking about? Why is he not trying to kill me?'

"Jiang Cheng?"

"What?"

Wei Wuxian asked shakenly after a pause, "Why?.....Why.....would you.... Save... me?"

"What nonsense are you spouting Wei Wuxian? Have you hit your head somewhere!? Why would I not save you? Do you have any idea what I went through to protect you?"

He gave Jiang Cheng a confused look and for once Jiang Cheng thought that Wei Wuxian had actually hit his head somewhere.

"Do you not remember that you and that Lan Wangji were stuck in the cave for days and that I and peacock got you both out of the cave."

"Lan Zhan? Why would you save him? What happened to him?" Wei Wuxian asked in a worried tone.

"Still worrying about him? He left already. Cloud recesses has been burnt down. His father has died and his brother is also missing. All the disciples are looking up to him now for guidance. So he left as soon as we rescued you both."

'Cloud recesses has been burnt down? Didn't this happen many years ago? What is happening?'

"What did you rescue me from?"

"Are you serious? To rescue you from that cave I even asked that peacock for help and you don't even remember!? said Jiang Cheng exasperatedly.

'That cave? He and Jin Zixuan rescued me from a cave? ..........

Yes!! It indeed happened. Jiang Cheng and Peacock did rescue me from a cave before. But that was BEFORE. Why is it happening now again?'

As if struck by lightning, he suddenly understood where this was. "The Xuanwu Cave slaughter," he said while giving a signature Wei Wuxian bunny smile.

He remembered how he and Lan Zhan had killed that tortoise beast while being injured and had survived those seven days. Together.

"Slaughter?........yeah you did kill that tortoise beast," murmured Jiang Cheng bringing Wei Wuxian back from his thoughts.

"Me? It wasn't me. It was Lan Zhan who killed it" said Wei Wuxian, correcting his brother.

"But he said it was you who killed it" countered Jiang Cheng.

"Aiyya, forget it, it was both of us. But he contributed more to the killing," said Wei Wuxian getting a Déjà vu.

"Why would you give your credit to him? Anyways, now take care of yourself and stop acting like a hero all the time. Healer said that you will be fine after some rest as your golden core is still quite strong. So don't mess around and make my A'jie worry anymore." said Jiang Cheng with an angry voice.

"Shijie?" he said with a crackling voice trying to stop the tears welling in his eyes. "Where is she?"

"Where could she be at? She is at Lotus Pier waiting for you to return."

"Now have this medicine and rest. We need to start traveling back in sometime."

After saying this Jiang Cheng marched out of the tent, leaving Wei Wuxian alone to deal with the newfound situation he was in.

His Shijie was alive! Lotus Pier was not harmed. Jiang Shushu and Madam Yu were alive too. His golden core is also back! As if reacting to his thoughts, he suddenly felt a warmth taking over his body, something that he hasn't felt in a long time. The warmth and comfort of his golden core being there in his body.

Wei Wuxian looked blankly out of the tent window for some time, recollecting everything that happened since the Burial Mounds events, before coming to a conclusion.

'I don't know how why or who did this. But one thing is certain.

I have somehow managed to come to the past.'

SOMEWHERE IN QISHAN

"A'jie, where are we," asked a man in black clothing, stuttering.

"I don't know" replied a girl in red clothing.

"This looks like the confinement where we were put in, back in Qishan," said the man in black.

"But how is this possible? How can we be in the confinement of Qishan? Wasn't it destroyed in the Sunshot campaign." said the girl in red clothing.

"I don't know A'jie, but one thing is certain."

"What?"

"We aren't dead while we were supposed to be"