Dreams ll

"Wei Ying, come to Gusu with me." Lan Wangji begged to Wei Wuxian.

"Lan Zhan ah Lan Zhan, you really think 'YOU' can punish 'ME'. Who do you think you are? What does your Gusu Lan thinks of itself, Huh?" Wei Ying tightened his grip on Chenqing.

"Wei Ying, listen to me. It will harm your body and mind"

"LEAVE, NOW!!"

"Wei Ying!!!!"

Lan Wangji woke up to a dreadful dream, sweating profusely, his heartbeats high. His head felt heavy and he was overwhelmed with all the emotions he felt in his dream. He could feel his own desperation and helpfulness.

He couldn't fathom being at odds with Wei Ying.

'What was that? Why did I dream like this?' Lan Wangji thought to himself.

"Wangji?"

'Uncle?' He looked at the surrounding and realized that he was in Jingshi. He looked towards the door to see his uncle standing there with concern written all over his face.

"Wangji, are you alright? You are drenched with sweat and your hands are still shaking.

Lan Wangji immediately took a few deep breaths to calm his mind.

"Lan Mei said you fainted because of exhaustion."

"Uncle, I'm alright"

"Shufu, I'm sorry. I couldn't be of much help. I couldn't protect our home." said Lan Wangji with much difficulty, trying to control his emotions.

"Wangji, there was nothing anyone could have done. You did nothing wrong."

"Brother. Uncle, where is brother?" Lan Wangji asked expectantly.

"Wangji. Xichen, he is missing right now."

Wangji knew his Xiaozhang was indeed on run, but he is still missing, even after a month, filled his mind with worry and concern.

"Is he alright?"

"That's what we are hoping Wangji. Let's not lower our guards now. We don't know if the Wens plan on attacking again. We have to stand strong."

Lan Qiren left after checking upon his health leaving Lan Wangji to himself.

That was the first time Lan Wangji had that strange dream.

Since then, he kept on having these dreams regularly. His instincts told him that these weren't normal dreams, there was some meaning to them.

Lan Wangji decided to maintain a diary, writing down as much as he could remember from his dreams.

Dreams about him asking Wei Ying to come to Gusu with him.

Dreams about him holding Suibian.

Dreams about Wei Ying staying distant from everyone, including Wangji.

Dreams of Wei Ying carrying a flute, instead of Suibian.

But all these dreams had one thing in common, the feeling that Lan Wangji constantly felt throughout those dreams. The feeling of losing something. More like losing someone. Someone whom he desperately couldn't let go of.

Present

Wangji was sitting on his study table in Jingshi, a book placed alongside on the table.

He read through his diary, again and again, trying to get some meaning out of it. But it was all to no avail.

He kept thinking back to those dreams, trying to remember them clearly.

'Wei Ying, where's Suibian?'

'Wei Ying, it's not good for you. It is harming your body.'

'Wei Ying, calm down!!'

'Wei Ying.... I.... I Love You.'

'Get Lost!!'

That was the most hurtful dream Lan Wangji ever had. He was trying to console his Wei Ying, while confessing his love to him, yet it pained him when all he could hear Wei Ying say to him was to get lost.

Lan Wangji sighed, sipping his tea. He could hear whispers and footsteps of disciples rushing outside.

'Why is it so noisy outside'

"Lan er Gongzi!!!!" a disciple called him from outside.

"Er gongzi!!!" Another one.

"What is it?" Lan Wangji asked irritated.

"Sect Leader....Sect Leader is back!!!"