Elimination in Secret

Near the gates of Cloud recesses stood a tall handsome young man in blue and grey clothing amongst the Lan disciples, smiling brightly at the two people who arrived.

"Xiaozhang!!"

"Xichen!!"

"Wangji, Shufu"

Lan Wangji was beyond happy to see his brother alive. Lan Qiren was smiling unlike himself at the presence of both of his nephews; safe and healthy.

'Brother, I haven't disappointed you yet, both your sons are safe.' Lan Qiren thought to himself.

"Xichen, where have you been, we've been looking for you for so long?"

"Uncle, I was planning on coming back to Cloud Recesses a couple of days after the attack, but the Wens were still at the Gusu borders, waiting for my return. I had to leave again. They somehow got to know where I was hiding and ambushed me. I had to fight them in order to protect our books and scriptures that I took with me."

"How did they get to know brother's whereabouts?" Lan Wangji asked.

"About that Wangji, I'm not sure."

"Strange"

"Yes, indeed Wangji, it is strange that they managed to locate Xichen whereas we were unable to find him for so many days." Qiren said pointing his suspicions.

"But how did you manage to fight back, considering you had very few disciples with you when you left Cloud Recesses." Lan Qiren asked.

"Yes Shufu, we were only a handful of disciples and were at a disadvantage as we were very exhausted from running and also as we were caught off guard by Wens. We only managed to survive because A-yao came to our rescue and fought alongside us."

"A-Yao?"

"Yes Shufu, Meng Yao, he is the person whom Da-ge trusts the most in his sect."

"Hmm, if Mingjue trusts him then he must be quite capable."

Lan Wangji wanted to say something but decided to stay silent.

"Well, there is something I want to tell uncle and other Gusu Lan elders about."

"What is it Xiaozhang?"

"Wangji, Wen Chao was killed two days ago."

Though Lan Wangji didn't reply, Lan Xichen could see his brother was quite shocked by the news.

"How?" Lan Qiren asked, bewildered.

'Which sect would dare to go against the Wen sect' he thought to himself.

"That is a bit disturbing uncle. I would like to tell this in front of all Gusu elders for a reason."

"As you say then, Wangji go and inform all the elders that we are having a meeting. We have an important matter at hand to discuss."

"Yes Shufu." Lan Wangji bowed to his uncle and Xiaozhang and left to do his said task.

At Clan Hall-

All elders were seated and were waiting for their clan leader to start the meeting.

"Elders, this matter is a bit urgent and I apologize for asking you to come so suddenly, but there is a dire situation. I ask for your permission to bring this pressing matter to your notice."

"Xichen, you can speak, we are listening." one of the elders spoke.

"For starters, Wen Chao, the second son of Wen Ruohan was killed."