CHAPTER SIX

Chapter six

Chapter six

It had been a month since her family and she had arrived on Dragonstone. Within weeks
of their arrival, Aemma received a letter from Helaena claiming Ser Harwin was dead in Harrenhal. It had shaken her family. Jacaerys and Lucerys were sobbing day and night. Her mother was trying to convince everyone it did not affect her.

But Aemma knew her mother the best. She knew her mother was crying alone in her chambers, she had tried to comfort her mother a few times without any success. Even she was distraught by Ser Harwin’s death. He has been a mentor to her. Teaching her how to wield a sword. And she knew he was the father of her brothers. So he had been considered family by her

It also had been a month of her hiking towards Dragonmont in hopes of claiming a dragon. Truth to be told she was after only one dragon. An old King’s mount. Maybe she was being delusional, trying to dig an early grave. But she was determined.

She was first after The Cannibal but something  told her he wasn’t her to claim.

A dream had told her the perfect mount for her was Meraxes. But the problem was that Meraxes had died some hundred years before Aemma was born. So that came as a problem.

After that dream, Aemma went to her mother looking for answers. Although she wouldn't reveal why she was looking for those answers.

“Mother, which dragon is my egg from?” asked Aemma, holding her orange egg. Rhaenyra looked surprised, thinking why her daughter was asking this question all of a sudden.

“Well it was said to be Meraxes’s last unhatched egg by the dragon keepers, so I had asked them to keep it hidden. I had decided that egg was to be for my first born.” said Rhaenyra with a soft look, knowing that she had cursed her first born with an unhatched egg.

Meraxes was the mount of Queen Rhaenys Targaryen, the sister wife of King Aegon and one of conquerors of Westeros. The silver dragon was said to be larger than Vhagar but smaller than Balerion. The dragon had been slain alongside her rider in Dorne. “I never knew Meraxes had laid eggs,” said Aemma. “That is because all of her eggs had hatched in the time of King Jaehaerys, well all except one.” said Rhaenyra looking sorry.