CHAPTER EIGHT

              Chapter eight

              Chapter eight

The Dragons bonding with Ancient Valyrians did not just happen by coincidence. It was done by magic. Blood Magic.

Westerosi people were terrified of magic. Maybe that is why Aegon the Dragon was able to
conquer Westeros. Fear creates an illusion. An authority. Fear makes people worship it.

When people say Targaryens are closer to gods, they say it because of their Dragons. Without their Dragons they would not last long.

Targaryens were their own greatest foe, and they knew it.

Jaehaerys Targaryen himself said “The only thing that can bring The House of the Dragon was itself.

Aemma Velaryon was a Velaryon without actually being one. She did not have the Velaryon looks. Not even the Targaryen looks. She did not even have a dragon like her brothers. She just had her mother’s lilac eyes.

Aemma would die someday trying to prove she was a Targaryen at least. She was sure of it.
Claiming Vermithor would prove to be her death.

If she was born a Prince she would be discriminated against her uncles, sure. But at least she would be allowed in hunting, public swordplay. She would not be called the greatest woman to ever wield a sword in Westeros, But the greatest to wield a sword in westeros.

She would not be a hidden “beauty”. But a hidden sword. But she took advantage of this situation. Her brothers were not as great in swordplay as her. She would slip into tourneys in disguise.

But nonetheless a boy or girl, a bastard would always be a bastard. No matter how much her mother and grandsire fought for her.

Visenya Targaryen was a woman to be terrified of. At least that is what Aemma read and heard.

So was Rhaenys, if you paid attention.

In Aemma’s opinion Visenya and Rhaenys did more for Westeros than Aegon.

Visenya with her swordplay, Vhagar, and war strategy.

Rhaenys with her hours spent on Meraxes, manipulation and  she even used her beauty to her advantage.