Secret Planning

Ink rushed over to the meeting spot he and Killer were always at, hoping Killer had gotten the 10+ voicemails he got sent. It was a small park in a random au, raining softly. There were trees and picnic tables scattered everywhere. Benches were put along a concrete path, and Ink sat at one of them. He was impatiently checking his phone every 30 seconds and frantically looking around for Killer. It's been 10 minutes, and despite the light rain, his clothes were soaked, but he didn't care. Ink was getting ready to send another voicemail to Killer when,

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Killer spoke quietly and monotone. Ink jumped a bit and looked up to see Killer in front of him, holding an umbrella. When did he get here?

"Killer- uh-" Ink stuttered nervously, then sighed, "Can you sit down first?"

"Of course," and Killer did that, holding the umbrella over both of them, "Talk whenever."

Ink paused, took a deep breath, and spoke, "Dream and Swap found out about us."

"What.?!" Killer said, trying to hush his shock, but it showed through, "What did they say..?"

"They apparently came to an agreement that we had to break up in three days or else I was kicked out." Ink said, barely saying the last part and looking away.

"Oh.." Killer was upset, more at Dream and Swap than anything, but also a bit nervous about if Ink was going to break up with him, "and... what did you decide?"

Ink looked back over, "My immediate thought was to stay with you but.. The more I thought the more I realized that I didn't want to leave my friends.."

"Well, you know I'd be fine if you broke up with me," Killer hated to say that, but he was willing to do anything to cheer up Ink right now, "I'll survive and you'll get to stay with your friends" He smiled partially.

"But I love you! I just... want us to be together without Dream and Swap getting upset.." Ink cried out quietly, he was crying. A lot. Killer pulled Ink into a comforting hug. Ink hugged back, crying into Killer's chest. Ugly sobbing. He didn't want to leave anyone, he loved Killer and his friends.

(about one hour later)

Killer stared at the sun shining onto his face, Ink's was still buried in his chest. Ink wasn't crying though, just simply hugging. Killer on the other hand was lost in thought.

"What if our 'bosses' make a truce?" He said, still somewhat zoned out.

"What?" Ink said sitting up to face Killer.

"What if they made a truce? Then there wouldn't be a problem with our relationship." Killer said again.

"But how would that work? I mean, Dream and Nightmare hate each other!" Ink reasoned, waving his hands a bit as he spoke.

"Well, they are brothers. They must secretly love each other. Plus, I am getting overly tired of having some big ass battle every wednesday, thursday, and friday." Killer suggested. Ink stared at him intently.

"Even bad is good for the multiverse, balance wise. Thats why I don't always fight Error over the occasionaly few destroyed aus. It balances the multiverse." Ink spoke, now lost in thought. "But Dream fights Nightmare whenever negativity is created. Despite his good intentions that's not very good balance wise."

"You're right. What if we held some big meeting with everyone from both sides to, y'know, talk it out?" Killer was getting more excited. Ink grabbed a lined notebook from out of his scarf.

"Here, let me write this down. We can talk with Dream and Nightmare to set this up. Don't bring any of the reasons into getting them to come." Ink was writing pretty fast, "Noon? or maybe one.. What time would be best?" He looked up at Killer, who was paying full attention.

"One thirty." He said.

"Perfect," Ink wrote down the time in his notebook, "Now lets write out the reasons and who says what and stuff like that. We need to get this perfect to convince them."

"Of course, of course." Killer said, and put his hand on Ink's shoulder, "But breath for fuck's sake, I don't want you passing out." Ink chuckled and nodded.

He spoke again, speaking reasons and the best way to phrase it. Who spoke when, who said what, even down to where they stood. Everything was written down. Before they knew it over two hours had passed and Killer finally realized something.

"Holy shit we have to tell everyone about us dating." Killer said, somewhat panicked but barely.

"What? Oh- OH WAIT" Ink's sockets widened. At least Killer remebered, "Lets tell them right at the beginning."

"But don't make it like the ONLY reason we are doing this-" Killer warned, "Put something like, 'that's not why we're here but it needed to be said.' or something like that-"

"Yes yes, of course!" Ink shouted, and began writing again. Maybe doodling a bit too.

After a few hours of writing they decided to practice some of it. They began practicing it when it was still light out but now it was almost pitch black. The dim light of the stars being the only thing that lit them up. Killer looked at his phone.

"HOLY FUCK ITS TEN PM!?" he shouted, "I have to go right now. I'm supposed to be back in like five minutes-"

"OH yes! But wait-" Ink said.

"Wh-" but Killer was cut off by Ink pulling him closer and kissing him quickly.

"Now you can go!" Ink giggled before shoving his things in his scarf quickly and running off. Killer stood there for a few seconds to process before leaving as well with a slight blush on his face.

Oh how gay they are.