4- Haven

We walked up to a small isolated house.

"Is this yours?" I asked confused.

"No, its an Airbnb through a friend," Peter said taking a lock out of a lock box. He opened the door as we walked in. I locked the door behind us and watched as Peter closed all the blinds. He walked back over towards me and looked out the window in the front.

"No one will find us here right?" I asked crossing my arms.

"That's the idea," Peter said walking away.

I sat on the bed staring at the wall as Peter opened a med kit. He walked over and gently wiped my cut. I winced at the pressure. His eyes quickly glanced down at mine and went back to my cut. I watched as his jaw clenched as he tucked my hair behind my ear. Turning around he tossed the cloth on the counter and grabbed a butterfly. Walking back he tilted my head up and held my face as he placed the butterfly over my cut.

"There, that should be good for now," He said quietly. I gave a faint smile and stared at the floor. Peter leaned against the drawers in front of me.

"I thought my life was going no where 24 hours ago," I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Now I, I would do anything to go back to that moment," I added looking over at Peter. He gave me sorry eyes as I wiped my nose.

"They fit," I said walking out of the room in a black long sleeve tee and sweatpants.

"Who's are these?" I asked quietly. Peter looked back at me and licked his lips gently.

"No one's," he said sighing. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't lie to me, we're way past lying at this point," I said annoyed.

"Zoe's, my ex-fiancée, she left pretty fast," he said pulling off his jacket and setting it on the chair. I couldn't help but notice his muscles and tall build.

"I'm sorry," I said tugging on the shirt sleeves.

"Don't be, she's happier now," he replied sitting down.

"Theres only one bedroom?" I said breaking the silence.

"You're the only one sleeping?" Peter said casually. I tilted my head confused.

"I work nights Haley, it's my job," Peter said sitting down.

"What is Night Action?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I can't tell you that, I have orders," Peter said rubbing his face.

"Who cares about our fucking orders?" I replied angrily. He glanced up and and sighed.

"It's a counterintelligence prom, If a night agent is in danger I find the 4 words and route them.

"Well, why did my aunt and uncle have that number? They worked in acquisitions?" I asked.

"Look I don't know, i'm as low level in the White House as it can get okay" Peter replied bluntly. I looked up at him and nodded slowly.

"Get some sleep," Peter said. I stood hesitantly and looked at him.

"You're safe here Haley, I promise," Peter said sitting down in a chair. I sighed and walked into the bedroom. Laying down I set my head on the pillow. This has to be a dream. This is the kind of things you see in movies, not to me. Staring at the ceiling my mind raced. I shut my eyes and calmed down. My heartbeat relaxed as I drifted off.