Chapter 3

Authors note: I have a little clue as to how oujia boards work...so bare with me 💀

I stared at the oujia board and ghost equipment as James set them down on the coffee table. Lars sat down next to me, giving me a worried look. 

"I don't know if we should use these." He said flatly.

I shrugged. "You're probably right. But we need to find out what happened to those victims. And who even did those crimes. The cops don't do shit."

"What about trying to leave this place?" He asked 

"That too." I replied. "We'll find a way."

Cliff set up the oujia board and then tried to James, Lars, and I. "Ok. Whose gonna mess with this...because I sure am not."

Lars, James, and I all looked at each other, a hint of fear on our faces. I decided to be the brave one. "I'll do it."

"Me too." Lars chirped up.

"Ok." Cliff replied as he sat down on the ground. "I guess you just ask it a question or try and summon a spirit or something."

I set my hand on top the triangle and Lars did the same. "What should we ask it?" I whispered.

"Maybe ask if Jacqueline is here." James replied. "And if she wants to talk."

I sighed, as I put my hand on the pointer, and Lars did the same. Here goes nothing. "Is Jacqueline here?" I asked.

The pointer then moved to yes

"Do you want to talk?" Lars asked, a hint of fear growing on his face.

Again, the pointer moved to yes.

"Who killed you?" I asked. We're treading on dangerous territory.

There was silence for a bit, only the flickering of the candles and the wind banging on the old roof filled the room with its noise.

Then, the pointer slowly spelt out the words demon.

And just after that, the pointer moved all over the board. We all looked in fear as the lights started to flicker. 

"I...I don't think this is supposed to happen!" James yelled.

And on the plain wall behind the couch, black ink slowly spelt out my name...Kirk.

Lars quickly threw the oujia board back in the box, unable to comprehend the chaos of the event.

I stood in the corner, breathing heavily as I saw the same creature from earlier claw at my face.

And just as the fiasco started, it was all over.

The candles slowly stopped flickering, and everything was back to normal.

Or...almost.

I felt an eerie feeling inside me, and my head pounded like crazy.

"Let's not mess with this....we should just focus on getting outta here anyways." Cliff said as he shook his head.

Just as he said that, the emf reader went to 10, meaning an entity is close by. 

James grabbed the spirit box. "Are you still there, Jacqueline?"

There was static coming out of the spirit box, before a voice spoke out of it. "Yes."

I pondered for a minute. What if...we weren't talking to Jacqueline at all? What if it was that strange demonic entity that is stalking us? What does it want from us?