Part II, Chapter 3

At the end of the show, I walked back to my car because we were still in town. It was dark outside, and Ieft in a hurry. I wanted to go home and just get away from everyone.

However, as I got to my car, there was a sticky note resting on the windshield. I looked at it in confusion, hesitantly walking towards the note. I remember hearing this is a tactic for kidnappers or something like that. 

So, I swiftly grabbed the note and unlocked the car, hurrying inside. I then opened the note. 

Dear, Kirk. 

You want Lars back? Come back to the cabin and play a game. If you win, he will come back. And if you lose, let's say it won't be good for you or your band.

-Anonymous 

I stared at the note in confusion. What kind of game? Is this some sick prank to give me false hope? 

But then again, anything is better than waiting around for leads from the authorities. I looked in my rearview mirror, making sure nobody was watching me. I then hit the gas and headed up the mountains towards the cabin.

                                                                                 ****

As I drove to the cabin all I could think about was what could happen. Would I be able to even defeat this demon all by myself? What if Lars isn't even there?

No. I can't overthink, it's what the demon wants. 

A few moments later I finally arrived at the cabin. A chill went down my spine as I remembered what happened here all those years ago. 

There was still caution tape surrounding it, and the night sky made this place even more scarier. 

"Here goes nothing." I muttered as I opened the door. 

The cabin was still the same as I remembered. Old, musty, and creepy. The wooden floor made a squeaky sound as I walked slowly, on edge. 

I pulled out a flashlight that I took from my car and shone it around the cabin. "Lars? You here?" I called out in a shaky voice."

If anything, I'm gonna have to be the one who's looking for him. Nobody seems to give a shit.

There was no response, just the silence of it all. The uncomfortable silence that made me wanna scream. 

I continued to walk, on edge. 

But of course, with just my luck the floor split in half and I fell.

And fell.

And fell. 

Until I was in a dark room. I coughed as I waved my hand around, trying to get the dust particles away. 

Once I finally regained my senses, I grabbed my flashlight and shone it around. The room was dark and empty. However, on the walls there was some writing. 

Dear, Kirk.

You have made it to the next step. Now, go through that maze. In this maze you will go through hell, you will see things no man will ever want to see. You will live through your nightmares. You will see your phobias.

Oh, and if my demon catches you, you lose. 

-Anonymous

I looked at the writing in confusion. What does this person mean by my demon? Is a person running this and the demon is the hitman or something?

The maze infront of me was huge. There seemed to be no end, or a way out.

But, I have to save Lars, and defeat the demon. And find out who this anonymous person is. So, I stood up and walked into the maze.