Part II, Chapter 1

Lars's POV

1996

10 years later. 

I smiled as Kirk drove us back home from our dinner date. Music played softly in the background as we sat in comfortable silence. "I dunno about man, but I'm so glad we're on break from tour. I'm exhausted."

"You can say that again. Hence, why we must enjoy it while it lasts." Kirk replied as he pulled into the driveway. "But I'm so glad I've been spending it with you."

I smiled. "This is why I love you."

"Love you more!" Kirk said as we walked inside our house. 

We then walked upstairs, Kirk jumped in the shower and I changed into comfier clothes and laid down in our bed as I watched some random movie that was airing on TV. 

Kirk got out of the shower, changed, and snuggled next to me. I then turned the bedside lamp off. "Well, I'm going to bed now. Goodnight." I said as I kissed Kirk. 

"Same here, night!" Kirk said softly.

Kirk fell asleep almost instantly, I turned to him and smiled. But I then stared up at the ceiling and sighed with a frown. 

What he doesn't know is that I've been having intense nightmares. Whether it's about Cliff's death or just plain stupid ones, they won't go away. 

But my mind traces back to a certain nightmare about a certain horrifying incident 10 years ago. 

It's about the cabin. The one haunted by a demonic entity. Infact, that exact demon appeared in the nightmare and killed everyone I love and care for. 

I just can't stop thinking about it! What if it's some kind of sign?! What if that thing is back?! And it's out to haunt us again?!

But before I knew it, I ended up falling asleep in Kirk's arms, hoping the nightmares won't get to me tonight. 

                                                                     ***

A few hours later, I awoke because I had to use the restroom. So, I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, rubbing my eyes in a lazy, tired manner. 

I did my business, and was about to go to bed, when I heard a loud crash coming from downstairs. I jumped and shuddered a bit, as the whole thing caught me off guard. Growing curious, I decided to go downstairs and check out hat it was.

I walked down the stairs, on the edge, as if something were to come out and attack me.

But there was nothing, just the dark living room. 

I sighed in annoyance, and decided to go back upstairs. But, I felt like someone...or something was watching me. I breathed heavily, growing anxious. I wanted to leave, but it felt like my feet were planted in the ground. 

I then felt a cold, clawed hand trace my back. Whipping around, my jaw dropped as I saw it. 

The same, familiar demonic entity from all those years ago.

"W...What...?" Was all I could muster out. I was in pure shock. Didn't we defeat that thing? I wanted to run, scream, but I was too shocked and horrified to do anything. 

Then, the demon grabbed me by the neck, dragging me into the abyss. 

I don't remember much after that.

                                                                     ***

Kirk's POV