anyone in here?

"Alright, me and Larry are gonna get more information about the balogna." Sal told them before they walked away. They've decided to create their own investigation.

Sal and Larry walked over to Kim, the lunch lady.

-

"Well she was no help." Larry told sal as they where walking down the hall. They where talking about how weird she acted about it, she seemed a little mad they even asked so larry decide, "I'm gonna wait outside the teachers lounge and wait for the right time so I can get a File on Kim."

"Alright larry." Sal said getting an idea in his head.

He walked out into the courtyard picked up a ball and threw it at the window to the teachers lounge. To distracting them. He hid before anyone could see him.
-

Sal was gonna see if there was anything useful in the bathroom. He walked in and saw a crumpled up note near the trash can. 'What's this?' He picked up the paper and opened it. 'Oh its a note.'

-

I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different. The truth
is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. It's not the way a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever I just...
-

The rest of the note was scribbled out. 'Who's is this?' He thought to himself. Sal walked over to the bathroom stalls and thought he heard someone crying.

'Who is that?'

Trying to He saw travis get up and go out of the cafeteria, he probably went to the bathroom, not like sal cared all that much. but why was he crying?

"Anyone in there?"

Sal said as he walked over to the stall. Once he got to the stall, he saw a figure sitting on the ground, most likely Travis. But still Sal wanted to know what was up.

"No duh fuckwad. Buzz off." Travis said In the Snarky tone he always has.

"No need for swearing dude, but Travis, were you crying just a second ago??"

"Sally face? I- No what the hell? Cant a guy get some privacy!" Travis yelled a lottle thrown off the blue haired boy was talking to him in such a nice way.

"Why do you hate me so much...?" Sal said and after that there was a moment of silence...

-

They were talking for a bit. Sal started to feel kinda bad for travis,

"Hey Travis I know this is none of my business but is your father pushing these beliefs onto you?" He knew it was non of his business but he wanted to ask anyway, it seemed like something was really bothering Travis. And if he could do or say something to make him feel better, then maybe Travis wouldn't be as upset as he seems.

"Just because my dad's a Preacher doesn't mean he owns me! I'm my own person."

"Yeah, but you seem so unhappy, man."

"Are you sure your dad isn't putting to much pressure on you? I bet it's tough being the son of such an intense man."

"You have no idea what it's like." Travis said his voice sounding sadder than it did before.

Sal sat down beside the stall putting the note he found into his back pocket, "I'm sorry."

"I don't need your pity." Travis said looking at the floor.

"Oh, sorry, but uh... would you maybe want to hang out with us?" He said a little embarrassingly, he didn't really know what to say but maybe if Travis wanted to they could be friends. Sal always liked giving people another chance, that was just how he was.

Travis was about to say something but there was a lump in his throat he started thinking,

'why would he want me to hang out with them? I'm so mean to him, yet hes so kind-'

"Travis?"

"Oh uh I don't know, I mean.. forget about it-"
Travis said trying to find the right words until he felt Sals hand hold his. His heart started racing and his face was red.

Sal chuckld a little bit, "You dont have to, but please think about it."

He was an affectionate person and just wanted a classmate to feel better when he was obviously upset. He didn't even think about it, it's just something he did, holding Travis's hand didn't even cross his mind as something weird.

He let go of travis's hand and left the bathroom. The note still in his back pocket.

-
🙊 Please star this chapter if you liked it🙏🫶