Chapter 2

The call came at eight that night, alerting her to Lisa's presence in the lobby. With a smile and an affirmative response, Jennie told the concierge to let her come up.  

Looking around her suite, she definitely felt like they had a lot more room. If they were going to go in that direction.

Honestly? Jennie had no clue what was going to happen when Lisa knocked on her door. Sure, she was attracted to Lisa. She was insanely attracted to her if the mind-blowing orgasms were anything to go by.

But she didn't really do this anymore. One night stands. She'd done a few in grad school, but she never quite understood the etiquette of them. It was just like joining the Mile High Club. There were so many questions and too few answers.

Until Lisa came along.

A knock at the door startled Jennie out of her thoughts. She breezed over to the door and smoothed out the non-existent wrinkle in her jeans before pulling open the door.

For the second time that day, Jennie's eyes widened and a small gasp, "oh," left her lips.

Lisa was reclining against the wall beside the door, the toe of her Chelsea boot tapping the carpeted floor. She was dressed in dark wash jeans and a light gray t-shirt, a pair of aviators hanging from the neck of her shirt and a winter coat slung over her arm. And she had that confident smile on her face, the one that had Jennie metaphorically reaching for a glass of water.

"Enjoying London?" Lisa asked with a lopsided smile.

Jennie nodded, her eyes trailing over Lisa's outfit before making her way back up to her eyes.

"From what little I've seen, it's gorgeous," Jennie replied, hoping her voice didn't sound as breathy to Lisa as it did to her.

"I'm a big fan," Lisa hummed, letting her eyes move over Jennie's light-washed jeans and blue sweater.

"Do you... want to come in?" Jennie offered.

"Yes," Lisa nodded with her biggest smile, pushing off the wall and following her into the room.

"You can leave your coat in the closet. The bathroom's down that way, couch and lounge area are here," Jennie rambled as she gestured around the suite.

"Oh wow," Lisa murmured to herself as she grabbed a hanger from the closet.

"Told you, bigger than a sleeping bag," Jennie joked, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back against the countertop of the small kitchenette.

"It is, and you're one of those people who unpacks in a hotel room," Lisa smirked.

"I'll be here for four days, so," Jennie defended with a shrug. "Didn't feel criminal to unpack."

"That's a touchy subject?" Lisa asked, cocking her head to the side as she moved away from the closet and closer to Jennie.

"My assistant insists that anybody who unpacks in a hotel room is a psychopath," Jennie explained with an eye roll. "I think she listens to too many murder podcasts at work."

"I hope your assistant's wrong," Lisa teased, finally taking in the room.

Jennie huffed out a laugh and then caught sight of the bar set up in the lounge area.

"Would you like a drink? Or dinner? Or- well, I'm not really sure what the etiquette is here, so I-" Jennie rambled, moving to the bar and pouring herself a small tumbler of whiskey.

"Etiquette?" Lisa asked with a furrowed brow and a slightly amused glint in her eyes.

Jennie blushed and turned to look at Lisa. "Of...this. I- I don't exactly do this a lot and I'm not well-versed in the dos and don'ts. The plane ride was... an anomaly."