Chapter 6

This was always what Jennie had wanted, anytime Lisa had come to her hotel in London. When all was said and done, after they'd spent hours tangled in the sheets, Jennie had yearned for this.

She ran her fingers through Lisa's hair as she sank into the comforting weight of the body draped across her, Lisa's head on her chest.

It was everything she wanted and more because Lisa wasn't making a move to get out of bed and leave. Lisa was staying.

"Where are you from?" Lisa asked as she traced lazy shapes with her index finger over Jennie's skin.

Jennie huffed out an amused laugh. "Los Angeles originally. I moved to New York after I finished my MBA at Stanford," she replied.

"Smarty pants," Lisa hummed, nuzzling into the side of Jennie's neck.

"You're from Basking Ridge, New Jersey," Jennie supplied, recalling the information she'd gleaned from Lisa a few months prior.

"Yes," she nodded. "I went to school at UNC and then joined the Navy, but I got my first pilot's license at sixteen."

"What did you study?" Jennie wondered, smiling at the fact that she could just ask these questions now. She didn't have to second guess or be subtle anymore.

"Aeronautical science," Lisa answered, brushing her fingers over Jennie's ribs.

"Smarty pants," Jennie repeated, scratching the pilot's scalp gently.

"And you studied something very... financial?" Lisa guessed.

"Political science and economics in undergrad, finance in grad school," Jennie corrected.

"And you like your job?" Lisa asked, skimming her hand over Jennie's hip and then letting it move up to her stomach.

Jennie didn't even have to think about her answer. "I love my job," she breathed out with a smile. "It's tough and challenging, but I like the pressure and the expectations. And the pay's not bad either," she joked.

"I would assume it isn't, Miss First-Class," Lisa hummed.

"The joys of a corporate card," Jennie chuckled, dropping a kiss to the top of Lisa's head and then continuing to run her fingers through the blonde's hair.

"I have the best seat on the plane, though. Sorry," Lisa shrugged.

"I know, because you love your job too," Jennie murmured.

"Most of the time," Lisa nodded, starting to draw a circle on Jennie's stomach with her pinky finger.

"Do you want to tell me about the times you don't? Or you can tell me your middle name and your favorite color," Jennie offered softly. "Whatever you want."

"Pranpriya. Yellow. And the scheduling makes everything else kind of complicated," Lisa answered, squirming closer if at all possible. Jennie hummed in acknowledgment, draping her free arm across Lisa's back.

"In that case, Ruby. Black but sometimes pink. And I've never met a schedule I couldn't make work. I'm very organized."

Lisa let out a slightly shuddery breath, wrapping her arm fully around Jennie and holding her securely in her arms.

"You worry about that," Jennie observed, not needing words to understand the closeness Lisa sought from her now.

The pilot just hummed in affirmation, letting her eyes flutter open and closed as she tried to push away that tightness in her chest.

"We seemed to do a pretty good job of fitting each other into our schedules when we were just getting naked, so I'm hopeful we can make it work for the other stuff too," Jennie whispered softly.