Chapter 8: Combat Trials Part 2

Todoroki and Iida stood outside the building used for the combat trials.

Todoroki: "Are you able to run on ice?"

Iida: "Uh. Yes I suppose I could with some difficulty. But my shoes have a lot of weight and grip so I should be fine."

Todoroki: "Okay then."

The match began and Todoroki walked in freezing the entire building. Telling Iida to wait outside until it was all frozen. Eventually they both started heading up.

With Milim and Ojiro. Milim saw the ice coming and due to not having enough time to prepare was caught in it. Alongside Ojiro. But simply got annoyed. Getting herself angry as usual. Powering up into her "Wrathful state" breaking out of the ice easily. Freeing Ojiro as well.

Milim: "Do you think you can fight one of them if I head off to fight?"

Ojiro: "I don't think I can keep the bomb away from Iida. He's too fast. And if I fight that ice guy I'm doomed."

Milim: "Okay then. I'll be right out in the hall then so they can't sneak past me. Just keep the door guarded. Don't let Iida slip past that doorway."

Ojiro: "Got it"

After a few more seconds Todoroki and Iida came up the stairs. Iida using his legs to move quickly while Todoroki glided along the ice to travel.

Todoroki: "I'll hold her. You go for the bomb."

Iida: "Got it."

Iida went to try and get past Milim by running at top speed. Having built up speed on the way up. But he wasn't aware Milim's quirk also multiplied her reaction time. She was immediately able to react and floored him with a single punch. Unconscious. Milim quickly tossing him to Ojiro who tied him up. Happy to just support Milim currently as she was his only hope at winning.

Todoroki: "I see... So not just your physical abilities but your reaction speed increases as well... That's troublesome."

Milim: "Right. You won't get past me."

Todoroki: "No. I won't. I see that. I can't fight at full force in this area. You win. I forfeit."

Milim: "Eh?"

All the viewers: "EH?!"

Everyone was now back in the viewing area. Milim still in her form pissed at Todoroki for just quitting like that when she was so excited to fight him.

All Might: "Well. Obviously the MVP of that round is Milim Tempest. But can anyone tell me why Todoroki made the right choice to forfeit?"

Momo: "I can sir. In a real scenario if a villain is too strong for a hero to handle it is best to prioritize evacuation or call a hero who can handle them if there is enough time. While it is favourable that they escape with both heroes. One is better then none. He saved himself from an unwinnable fight with no chance at making any difference."

All Might: "Nothing gets past this girl huh?"

All Might: "Correct again Young Yaoyorozu! Now. Lets get prepared for the next match!"

Fumikage Tokoyami & Tsuyu Asui VS Eijiro Kirishima & Mezo Shoji

(Nothing interesting happens. Tokoyami takes out Eijiro in a dark area and then they tag team Mezo)

Ultima Tempest & Mina Ashido VS Momo Yaoyorozu and Hanta Sero

Ultima and Mina are waiting outside for the starting signal.