CH. 3 [Gen X]

POV: No One

"If I was the Guardian, I'd pick someone more suitable and more worthy, but, I need answers, Master. I need to know, what's special about this girl that made you think she's worthy to be a wielder."

He stopped Infront of an apartment, he entered the house and made his way over to the living room. Lance scan the place around him, palpable of nostalgic memories entered his mind.

He used to live here back when he ran away from his true home as a child, and now that he's here, he feel like he's home again.

Stopping Infront of a traditional Asian wooden door, the boy took a deep breathe before sliding it open.

"Hello, Lance, it seems you have returned after your... Departure."

Lance was immediately greeted by a meditating Fu, and Wayzz. Lance frowned, he remembered how he abandoned his master back then.

And because of guilt, Lance sat with him.

"So... Three years, how have you been?"

Lance asked first, closing his eyes and meditate with him.

"I should be the one asking you that, how does it feel like to be famous?"

Master Fu continues to sip his drink, not sparring a moment of his time to look at him, this saddened the boy, knowing deeply that it was his fault for why his Master is acting like this towards him.

Lance understood that he needs to leave that his Master don't need him to be around, but he only came here for two things, and those are...

"Why did you choose a girl to be a wielder?"

Fu sighes and put the cup aside.

"I choose Marinette, because unlike you, I saw goodness in her eyes, and not jst her, but also your nephew."

This surprised him even more. He was about to ask a question, but he didn't dare to comply, because, at every aspects of way. Fu is more smarter and wiser than him. If this Marinette girl manages to impress master then there's something more about her that's important.

"So... Have you found a new successor yet?"

Master Fu asked once again, but he didn't reply, hearing this, made Master Fu hum. He took the kettle and the plate and head to the kitchen.

While he was gone, Wayzz flew over with an annoyed look on his face. 

"Why did you even bother coming, is it because your looking for that 'successor'?"

Wayzz asked sarcastically. Lance frowned from his comment, he opened his mouth and was about to say something, but he left. The feeling of guilt and regret almost made the boy disappointed. He didn't mean to leave, nor abandon them, he had a big reason to why he had to leave.

He waited for Master Fu and expect for him to arrive at any moment, but, it felt like a minutes have already passed. He excused himself and left an envelope of cash, as a thanks for the tea.

He exits the building where he received a phone call from Andrew.

"What do you want?"

"Mr Agreste request for your presence."

"Why do you sound like that? Anyways, tell him I'm not planning on working now."

He said and ends the call.

POV: Lance

After I ended my conversation with Andrew, I thought about something for a moment.

"So that's the girl's name. Marinette, looks like the two of us will be working together."

I thought to myself before calling a cab to drop me at my place. When I arrived I was met by fans who are crowded outside, luckily they didn't see me as I stood behind all of them like a ghost.

I stared at the CCTV camera that move it's direction towards me. I stared back and then casually walking past by them without being noticed. It seems that because of their motive to enter the mansion, caught them off guard.

As I made my way past the crowd, I grab the fence and jumped over to the other side. The fans saw me and at awe. I landed with both of my feet on the ground, dusting my shoulder off, I glance back at them a little and I could see their surprised reaction.

"Chu~"

I winked, and all of a sudden they passed out from lovestruck. I smirk under my breathe and walk inside my home.

When I entered, maids and butler's await for me, beside them is Andrew who look nervous upon my arrival.

"Good morning, everyone."

I greeted them politely.

"Welcome home, sir!"

They greet back except Andrew who was looking at the floor, sweating badly.

"Thank you everyone, now if you excuse me, I'll be on my room."

I said and they all nod. I headed upstairs, but before I could continue walking further, I stop my tracks and turn my attention back to Andrew.

"And Andrew..."

He look up at me.

"Good work, you did your best, but do me a favour. I want you to find a girl named Marinette."

Andrew nods in response. I turned to the picture frame beside my door, showing a picture of me and Master Fu as a teen, wearing my Ladybug outfit.

"If your gonna help her then so will I."

Lance Gunn
[Gen X Ladybug: Nostradamus]

Meanwhile...

"Ma'am, were here."

A car stops Infront of Gunn's mansion, the door opens, revealing a familiar brunette haired pop star.

"Could have said your back, my Buga-boo."

End Of Chapter