Face To Face

Muzan Kibutsuji, your greatest enemy. He was the first demon to ever exist. He was the man who killed Tanjiro' family, he was the man everyone despised. The Demon Slayer Corps have been trying to defeat him and his worshippers for centuries. Muzan Kibutsuji is the only known demon to be able to repopulate demons. That is what makes him so dangerous, despite his inhuman power. As Tanjiro's words, repeated in your head. The demon he had his katana pointed at started trembling out of fear just by the mention of his name. The demon's hands shook as he looked frightened and trapped.
"I c-can't. I can't tell you! I can't tell you!" The demon yelled.
The demon repeated the same words, over and over again until it lunged at Tanjiro. He was quick to cut the demon's head off before it could inflict anymore harm. As you sheathed your katana, Tanjiro rushed over to Nezuko. She was sitting on the floor propped up against a wall. You grinned as you watched Tanjiro check Nezuko's injuries. Nezuko was asleep, with her eyes closed and her head hung low.
"Tanjiro, go check on Kazumi. I'll take care of Nezuko." You asked, already making your way over to Nezuko.
"Okay." Tanjiro replied.
Tanjiro made his way over to Kazumi and knelt in front of him. You were already cleaning up the drying blood on Nezuko's forehead as Tanjiro began speaking.
"Kazumi, are you all right?" Tanjiro asked.
"I've lost my betrothed, do you think I'm all right?" Kazumi sarcastically replied.
"Kazumi, you may lose again and again but you still have to keep living. No matter how beaten down you may be." Tanjiro solemnly stated.
Kazumi suddenly lost it and fisted Tanjiro's collar.
"What do you know! You're just a kid!" Kazumi yelled.
Tanjiro stared at the man as he gave him a small smile. You sat silent at the commotion. You knew you couldn't go yelling at a random stranger because he didn't know what Tanjiro has been through. The people, and the things he's lost. You scoffed as you saw Kazumi's expression turn from angry to regretful. Kazumi let go of Tanjiro's collar as he handed him a piece of cloth.
"We're going now, here. Something of Satoko's in here. To remember her by." Tanjiro said handing him the piece of cloth that held all the hairpins of the girls that were killed.
Tanjiro stood up and bowed out of respect. Tanjiro turned to face you and than began walking, you and Nezuko following.
"Did this happen to you too? Did it? I'm sorry for saying such a mean thing! Please forgive me! I'm sorry!" Kazumi yelled.
Tanjiro didn't answer him, he only turned to face Kazumi and waved a goodbye. You walked beside Tanjiro and Nezuko, your fist clenched as you fumed with hatred and anger.
'It isn't just Tanjiro. How many people has he killed? How many more have to suffer? Muzan Kibutsuji, I will never forgive you.' You thought.
Suddenly Tanjiro's crow appeared out of nowhere and began yelling.
"Tanjiro Kamado, and Y/n Tsugikuni, are to next go to Asakusa in Tokyo! Rumors tell of a demon hiding there!" The crow squawked.
"We have a new mission already, come on!" You complained.
"Yes, go!" The crow yelled, pecking at the back of your head.
"We get our word cut out for us, don't we?" Tanjiro sighed.
"Yeah, we really do." You replied.
Two days later, you had arrived in Asakusa with Tanjiro and Nezuko. It was nighttime, and yet it was extremely bright out. Lanterns and lights were lit everywhere, big flags hung from buildings, and people crowded the streets. It sure was a busy town. Tanjiro seemed more than surprised by how bright and populated this place was, Nezuko seemed unfazed. Tanjiro blinked a few times before speaking.
"I'm getting a little dizzy, let's go over here." Tanjiro said dragging you and Nezuko with him.
You had arrived at an udon stall.
"Two Yamakake Udon, please." Tanjiro asked the man.
The man served you both some Udon within a few minutes. You, Tanjiro, and Nezuko, all sat on a bench. You and Tanjiro eating the Udon. Tanjiro suddenly stopped and stood up abruptly grabbing your wrist and tugging you with him.
"Tanjiro! Tanjiro is something wrong?" You asked.
Tanjiro's expression was shown as frightened. You could only guess one thing, he wouldn't react this way if it was any ordinary demon. Which means it must be him... Muzan Kibutsuji. Tanjiro stopped in the middle of the street, grasping onto a man's shoulder. The man turned around with a disgusted look on his face. It was him, it was really him, the man you had been sworn to kill, Muzan Kibutsuji. You tried to form words but you couldn't. Muzan's gaze shifted from Tanjiro to you. His expression changed from disgusted to shocked. Your fists clenched, your blood boiled, veins popping out from your face. You were fuming with this undeniable hatred, you could tell Tanjiro was feeling the same. Muzan looked different from what you've imagined. He wore a white hat, although his outfit was all black. He was in a suit as well. But those eyes, those red, demonic eyes. You wanted to murder him, you wanted to murder him so badly. But you couldn't, not in the middle of the street. Muzan's gaze shifted from you to a bystander passing by. He quickly slashed the back side of two people's necks, making they're arms fling to the back of they're neck. You knew what this meant, and it didn't mean good. Once people now demons lunged at other people on the street, one of them managing to bite someone in the shoulder. Tanjiro yelled as you both sprung into action. You didn't want to leave Muzan, you wanted to kill him with your own blade. But he had created a diversion that couldn't be ignored. Tanjiro tackled a demon to the ground as you did the same to the other. You held your katana to it's mouth, that way it couldn't bite anyone else. The lady that was bit screamed making people stop in the street and stare.
"That man! H-He bit me! And the woman has fangs!" The woman yelled.
"Don't worry about them ma'm, and take care of yourself! Use the cloth right there to put pressure on the wound!" You yelled.
You and Tanjiro watched as Muzan started making his way out of view. You watched as Tanjiro began to panic but quickly raised his head. You knew this was hard for him, finally seeing the man that massacred your family.
"Wherever you go, Muzan Kibutsuji! You won't get away from me! I'll follow you to the depths of hell and your neck will feel the edge of my sword!" Tanjiro yelled.
You gritted your teeth and let out a quick breath.
"I will never forgive you for what you've done! The people you've harmed, the people you've turned! We will find you again, and they're is no stopping it!" You screamed.
Muzan stopped dead in his tracks for his moment. He turned his head to look at you and Tanjiro. An expression of pure shock and fear on his face. He quickly made his way out of view as a bunch of guards began running over.
"You! What are you two doing!" A guard yelled.
"Are they drunk? Break it up!" Another guard yelled.
"No! Handcuff them please! Please stop! We are the only ones that can subdue them!" You pleaded.
"Ah! What the- look at his face! He's lost his mind!" A guard stated pointing at the man Tanjiro was holding down.
"Let's get them off these people." A guard commanded.
"Stop! I don't want these people to kill anyone! Don't interfere please!" Tanjiro yelled.
The smell of blood was smelt as a few droplets dropped to the ground. You raised your head to try and pinpoint the source. All a sudden you and Tanjiro were surrounded in a circular shaped pattern.
"Tanjiro! I can't see anything beyond the pattern." You pointed out.
"I can't either!" Tanjiro replied.
Suddenly a young woman and a man appeared before you. They looked down on you and Tanjiro.
"You still use the word "Person" for demons, and you try to help them. So I shall help the pair of you." The woman stated.

A/n: Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Bye!