Captured

Faint voices were heard in the distance. You and Tanjiro followed the voices all the way into the basement of Tamayo's destroyed home. Lady Tamayo, Yushiro, and Nezuko came into view as you and Tanjiro walked into the room. Nezuko ran up to Tanjiro and pulled him into a hug. Nezuko pulled away from Tanjiro and gave you a firm hug. Then she turned around and began to run up to Tamayo.
"Nezuko?" Tanjiro muttered.
Nezuko pulled Tamayo into a hug making Yushiro's face turn into a look of shock, and anger. Nezuko pulled away from Tamayo and pat Yushiro's head then went back to hug Tamayo once more.
"Nezuko has been this way for a while, is it normal?" Tamayo asked.
"It's all right, she probably thinks of you two as part of our family." Tanjiro explained.
"But doesn't the hypnosis placed on Nezuko only make humans looks like family?" Tamayo said hugging Nezuko back gently.
"But we're demons." Yushiro said as Nezuko attempted to pat his head once more but he swatted her hand away.
"In this case Nezuko see's you and Yushiro as humans, that's why she tried to protect you." You explained.
"I didn't like putting her under hypnosis. So I'm glad she seems to still have her own-." Tanjiro said.
Tanjiro was cut off by a tear falling from Tamayo's eye.
"Oh! I'm so sorry! Nezuko! Nezuko! Stop! Let go of her! It's rude!" Tanjiro rushed to say.
Tamayo rested her head on Nezuko's shoulder and silently cried into her neck.
"Thank you Nezuko, thank you." Tamayo's muffled voice said.
Nezuko pulled away from Tamayo and walked back over to Tanjiro's side.
"We are leaving this city. We came too close to Kibutsuji. If we don't hide ourselves soon, it will become dangerous for us. Besides, although we were well hidden, as a doctor I dealt with humans and sooner or later someone would notice we are demons. Children and the elderly are particularly sharp. Tanjiro, may we take care of Nezuko?" Tamayo asked.
"Huh?" Tanjiro muttered.
"I can't say she will definitely be safe, but the danger will be less than if she went into battle with you." Tamayo replied.
You looked at Tanjiro then Nezuko, Tanjiro was quiet and seemed to be lost in thought when suddenly Nezuko grabbed a hold of his hand and looked at him with a determined look. Tanjiro grinned and squeezed her hand.
"Thank you for the offer. But, we'll continue to travel together. We aren't going to split up." Tanjiro said.
"I understand, then I pray for good fortune in your war. Goodbye then, we will erase all traces of our presence. You should go too." Tamayo urged.
"Oh okay, well the sun is up, so I need her box." Tanjiro replied.
"Tanjiro, your sister is beautiful." Yushiro confessed.
Tanjiro went wide eyed then gave him a warm smile. A few hours later you, Tanjiro, and Nezuko were walking along a dirt paved road. But of course Nezuko was in her box. Tanjiro's bird wouldn't stop yelling out directions, meanwhile your bird was perched on your shoulder, glaring at Tanjiro's bird in annoyance.
"South-Southeast! South-Southeast! South-Southeast! Your next goal is to the South-Southeast!" Tanjiro's bird yelled.
Your bird suddenly pecked at your shoulder.
"Agh, what?" You stopped dead in your tracks and looked up at your bird.
"West, West... West... Demon." Your bird managed to say.
You nodded your head and turned to Tanjiro.
"My missions that way." You said pointing west.
Tanjiro looked at you in a sad yet understanding look.
"Okay, I hope our paths cross again." Tanjiro urged with a warm smile.
"I'm sure they will, and if we don't then I can always have my bird send for you. I'll see you later, Tanjiro." You said, giving him a gentle hug.
"I'll see you later, Y/n." Tanjiro repeated.
Tanjiro hugged you back and then you went on your separate ways. You enjoyed the beautiful sunset as you were walking to your next mission. A few hours later you were walking through a small town, trying to sense where this demon was. All you knew about the demon is that they specifically targeted young children, specifically the ages from 8-11. You found it disturbing, that this demon enjoyed watching young children scream in terror. It disgusted you. You heard a woman frantically searching around her home, your eyebrows furrowed as you walked up to the panicked woman.
"Hello, is something wrong ma'am?" You asked.
"Yes, I'm sorry to ask but have you seen a young boy, maybe 4'6, he's 8, and I haven't seen him since this morning. He didn't come home from hanging out with his friends." The woman frantically said.
"No I haven't, but I will be sure to search for him okay. Go into your home and make sure you get a good nights rest, okay?" You urged.
"Yes, yes, thank you." The woman grinned warmly and began walking away.
You sighed heavily at the news. You began searching in streets near the home and sensed a demonic presence near by. You ran swiftly through ally-ways, eventually finding a demon, pinning a young boy to the wall and licking his cheek. Your blood boiled at the sight. What sort of demon does he have to be to enjoy watching young boys squirm. You got into a fighting stance and pulled out your katana. The swishing sound made the demon turn his head abruptly.
"A demon slayer? How unfortunate, I was about to have a delicious meal." The demon said as he covered the young boys mouth to muffle his yells.
"What kind of sick being do you have to be to enjoy preying on young boys. You filthy pedophile." You spat.
"What can I say, you can get away with a lot when your a demon." The demon hissed out.
You gritted your death and rushed toward him with an unbelievable amount of speed. This demon got on your nerves so much, your hands were gripping your katana with a strong force as you approached the demon.
"Moon Breathing, First Form, Evening Palace." You breathed out.
You swiftly cut the demon's head off with no hesitation. His body swayed and then fell with a thud to the ground. You rid your katana of any blood and put it back in its sheath. You walked over to the young boy and pulled him into a hug.
"Are you okay? I'm so sorry I couldn't get here sooner." You said as the young boy sobbed into your uniform.
"It was so scary! He said he was gonna have fun with me and eat me up! I didn't know what to do!" The boy's muffled voice said.
"I know, I know." You muttered.
You lifted his head from your shoulder and pat his head.
"But it's okay now. He's gone forever. Now I can take you back to your mom and you'll be happy again." You said with a warm grin.
"My mom, I wanna see my mom!" The boy asked.
"Here, let's get you there." You said as you held out your hand to him.
The boy took it and followed you all the way to his mothers home. The mom rushed out of the home and pulled her son into a firm embrace.
"Where were you! You worried me sick!" The woman said in between sobs.
The boy didn't say anything, just hugged his mom and cried in her arms. The woman stood up and bowed her head to you.
"Thank you so much for bringing my son back, I'm forever grateful." The woman said.
"Of course." You replied.
The woman reached into her pocket and handed you a few coins.
"It's not much but it's enough to treat you to a meal." The woman said.
"Wait, no I really shouldn't." You muttered.
"Don't worry about it honey, please take it." The woman urged.
You nodded your head and said your goodbyes. You ended up finding an Udon stand and used the coins the woman gave you to buy you a bowl of Udon. You were eating peacefully on a bench when suddenly you sensed a dark, demonic presence in the distance. Your head raised as you desperately searched the crowd for the source of this presence. Your eyes landed on the all so familiar white hat in the crowd, hiding his dark black hair. You quickly placed your Udon down and began to make your way toward the man. He must have caught wind you were there because he was moving swiftly through the crowd. You gritted your teeth as you would loose him then see him in a cycle. You managed to follow him into an ally-way. You searched desperately for him, checking your left and right when suddenly you felt a sudden pressure on your head and you began to black out. You faintly saw bright red, demonic eyes staring at you from behind as you tumbled to the floor, blacked out. You woke up staring at a wooden floor, you blinked a few times before remembering what happened and tried to stand up but you were chained to the floor. You tugged on the chains desperately, you looked down and noticed your katana was no where to be found. You suddenly heard a booming voice not too far from you.
"I see you've awaken, demon slayer." Muzan's deep voice said.
Your eyes widened in horror as you looked up at him, his bright red eyes meeting yours. It was him, Muzan Kibutsuji, in the flesh.

A/n: Thanks for reading, I appreciate it! Good bye!