What I don't know, is why?

music is what I listened to when writing this. This has more angst and are aged up to 16. Hope you enjoy!

_____________________________________________

Every year, Cecile Hall students go on an annual camping trip to learn about environmental science and taking care of natural resources and using it to your abilities. As Henderson would always say, "Saving the earth is a very elegant thing of us to do."

Of course, there were no boy-girl tents as such children shouldn't share tents together, especially at their age.

Damian mocked and teased and lashed out at Anya any chance he could like always. He never once stopped throughout the years of being classmates together. Anya has almost completely given up on the friendship scheme as it seems to have not worked even the slightest. She couldn't understand why he hated her so much. Or at least, acted like so. She thought that after apologizing about the first-day-incident, they would move on and become friends so she could also help her Papa with Operation Strix, but instead, Damian was always cold and brutal. Here and there his thoughts showed light and stated the opposite of what he said out loud to her, but Anya just couldn't handle listening to such rude words to her, surely reading his thoughts now was a waste of time. 
But... those times when he said kind things in his thoughts would always grant Anya a small glimmer of hope that maybe he doesn't hate her completely, and that she can still achieve friendship with him for the sake of the world.

Groups were organized in 5. Of course, Anya, Damian, Becky, Emile and Ewen were a group that pitched their two tents at the bottom of a hill by a calm river. Up the hill were the teachers' tents. Making sure they were at a higher ground so they could easily spot the children at a distance as well as any possible dangers.

"Slow down!" Becky yelled at Ewen and Emile, "You're going to fall and mess up our gear!" She scolded. Damian huffed and teased "Are you sure it's the gear you're worried about and not your outfit and hair?" he smirked as Becky turned in shock. She scoffed and grabbed Anya's hand who was standing next to her wide eyed. "let's go." She said as she marched down the hill.

Ewen and Emile were taking apart the tent getting ready to pitch it up. Anya, wanting to help, went to grab a pole as it snapped in half showing the string in the middle holding the two bars together. Anya's pupils shrank as her eyes grew to saucers. "I broke it." She said bluntly and looked at Damian, "We have to sleep without a tent now." And handed the bar to him.
Damian squinted his eyes, "Are you fucking dumb? That's normal it's supposed to do that." He said as he snatched the poles from her hands. "God you've done this so many times surely you'd get it through your head at this point." He muttered. 
Offended, Anya chewed her bottom lip and furrowed her brows. She felt angry and annoyed, hearing his thoughts, How does she not know by now? IS she clueless? Was she dropped as a baby? He kept asking to himself. Anya turned her head and walked away to the river. Leaving behind Becky who was bossing around the boys on how to pitch the tent at the right angle so she could get the warm side.

Curling to a ball and hugging her knees, Anya rested her chin on her knees and blew a raspberry in annoyance. She turned and laid her head to the side as she picked up pebbles and threw them in the river, hearing them plop as they hit the water. She giggled slightly, what a silly sound. She thought and continued tossing pebbles.
If I asked Sy-on boy why he's always so angry, maybe he'll tell me. She wondered. Then, I can make him feel better and convince him to be friends with me! Anya grew excited. How has she not thought of this before? She's always acted on influence and reaction, never really planning out conversations or things to say. Maybe this strategy will give her better results.
He WILL be my friend, and I will help Papa save the world. She thought, determined and inspired.