In The Rain

Thunder rumbled quietly over Eden Academy as the storm began to make its way across the city. Students clamored away trying to remain hidden from the raindrops. Piling into buses and running to their dorms or their limousines. All except Anya as she watched her classmates run away from the storm. 
She remained under a balcony, looking up towards the sky as she held her hand out to feel cold rain drop onto her hand. Her eyes widen in wonder. How am I going to get home in this?

The world in front of her looked nothing but gray and gloomy. With the sun shining behind the clouds, there were small tints of yellow light. Thunder continued to rumble through the skies, but only calmly as the rain poured at a steady rhythm.

Anya took in a breath and sighed as she stepped out from her cover, preparing to walk home. She only made it just past the school grounds as she heard the pattering of the rain change in volume and sound, as well as not feeling anymore drops.
She put her hand on her head and looked up to see a black umbrella above her, blocking her view of the person holding it. However, she knew who it was once she noticed how neat and clean the person's uniform and shoes were.

Anya turned to face the person as she lifted the umbrella slightly and peeked under, looking up at Damian who was holding the umbrella.
His face was a light shade of pink as he had his head turned away from Anya, his eyes narrowed and lips formed a small line.

"you-you'll get sick." He stuttered coldly, pushing the umbrella closer to Anya. She smiled, "Thank you, Damian." Anya says as Damian's body tensed and his face turned slightly more red.

Anya pushed the umbrella up so Damian could stand under it, "Walk with me?" She asked. Her eyes soft as she looked up at Damian.

"O-only this once." He says, "W-we have exams coming up so you can't get sick. Since you're so weak." 

Anya smiled as the two walked together. Through time, Anya was able to better understand Damian thanks to her abilities and learning more about psychiatry. He was just nervous around her. Although, the thought of him loving her still felt absurd.

Earlier this year when school had just started, Anya as well as other classmates began to notice Damian acting more gentlemanly towards the girl. Opening the door for her, giving her his extra pen when she forgot, shielding her from the sun. Even though he tried to do these things subtly, it wasn't something his classmates were to ignore. 

After noticing his kinder actions, Anya began to admire him and respect his character. She enjoyed his presence more as a person rather than a mission.

The two walked together comfortably, Damian's free hand in his pocket while Anya held her hands close to her body.
"Are..you cold?" Damian asked.

"No, I'm okay, thank you."

....

"Are you still struggling in math?"

Anya giggled "When am I not?"

Damian chuckled through his nose and smiled ever so slightly. "That's true." He says, "You've always been kinda dumb."

"Excuse me?!" Anya smiled and chuckled from shock. Damian laughed slightly with her. Slowly, he's getting better at conversations with her. Though he has a long way to go, he's beginning to open up to her and be more comfortable and less formal around her.

"I can help you, if you'd like." He mumbled.

Anya smiled and blushed, looking down as she replies shyly "Yeah...okay."

Damian looked down at her and smiled as well. She's truly adorable. He thought and looked down at his feet.

Finally, Anya and Damian reached her home. 

"Thank you.. for walking me home." Anya smiled.

"I-it's nothing." Damian blushed. Forcing himself to not make any eye contact.

Anya shuffled her feet, "Would you like to come inside?" She asked, "My mama can make some hot chocolate and you can...help me with math?" 

Damian bit his lip and tensed up, looking to the side still. His face turned red. *Go inside her home? Am I even allowed to do that? My father would kill me...* He thought. If his father found out he went inside a commoner's home

Anya's eyes widened after listening to his thoughts, "A-actually, y-you don't have to, it's okay-" Anya stumbled as she was about to turn around, "No!" Damian quickly reached his hand out and held her shoulder gently. She looked at his hand and back up at Damian as she turned to face him again.

Damian cleared his throat, pushing away his doubts and fear. "I'd like to come in." He shrugged. I want to do this for me... He thought

Anya smiled as she opened the door, the two walking inside together.