Chapter 11- Updated

"What do you think huh?" The man asked as he showed his cards to me. I don't even know if I'm wanted there but I want to go back home.

"I guess...you should go all in"

"What was that?" He turned his face to me as he pulled me closer to hear.
"...all in" I repeat once more. The truth is I didn't even know how to play poker, I just wanted this asshole to lose his BVB money out of spite.

"Aight sweetheart" he let out a hefty chuckle as he pushed his chips to the middle of the table. "I'm all in fellas!"

A few of the men let out cheers and jeers as the last man he was against was deciding his next move. After hesitating he too went all in and they revealed their cards. The man stood up and cheered after checking the cards, forcing me off his lap and to stand up. The man who he was against was furious and didn't hesitate to slap the girl who sat on him in her face. I flinched at the unexpected action as she held her cheek in pain. He needed to unleash his anger and she was the nearest target...

"You got lucky!" He scowled

"No way it's all thanks to my princess!" He cheered as he pulled me in by the waist. I felt disgusted by his touch but too scared to pull away.

'It was my fault she got hit...' I thought to yourself horrified.

Hours had passed whilst my client continued to play poker. He would build up winning streaks every now and then and wouldn't lose much. Fortunately, this left him in a good mood lowering the chances of him becoming possibly violent towards me, but it's increased his chances of wanting to take advantage of me.

He would occasionally trace his fingers up my thigh and even made ne kiss him after winning.

"You're lucky that's all I ask for!" He laughed as I visibly showed my disgust and discomfort. .

Eventually he began to take glances towards the booths where the sexual favours would take place. My heart thrashed violently in my chest and I did my best to act like I didn't catch on.

I look towards the elevator as I saw Jackson step out of it with a group of girls in uniform as they went out onto the floor. Jackson picked up a phone from the wall next to the elevator and his voice travelled through the room from speakers that inhabited the corners.

"36, 42, 53, 102, 150 , 187, 214, 257 and 262 your shift is over" He announced over the intercom.

The last two numbers struck me with a feeling of familiarity. It was my locker number in collage...and Liam's too. How things were so different... tricking my friend about double crossing a group of killers...none of it felt real and I was scared that nothing was going to get better. But this time I knew it for sure...after this nothing will be the same. It hit me like a brick...
'Is there even anything out there for me? Is it even worth it for them to come look for me? Are they even looking for me?

...I'm scared'

"I'll have to see you soon then 262! I'll be sure to remember it!" my client spoke up breaking me out of my thoughts. I was confused until I saw the number sewn into my shirt '262'.

"Yeah..." I mumbled as I  go to leave but I was quickly pulled to a halt as a rough hand grabbed my wrist.

"I'll be waitin' for you" he told me calmly smirking "and I'll be sure to reward you for helpin' me win"

I chose not to say anything, all I did was give him a subtle glare.
Jackson called me over harshly as I was the only one not with the group and I cautiously walk away from the man.

"I hope you had a good first shift" Jackson told me as I approached him. He could see the hopelessness that clouded my eyes.

The group was guided back to their rooms and Jackson locked all of the doors once they were inside another masked man.
Once my door was locked I took off my uniform and put on the old and worn pyjamas that were provided to me. I curled up in the bed praying that it would be a long while until Jackson came back to collect me. I didn't ever want to see that creepy man I was with again.

"Are you coming for me yet?" I ask weakly as I saw EJ standing in the corner of my room. I didn't bother to look at him, I knew he wasn't really there, my mind was torturing me, it made me question everything.

"Depends." He spoke with a stoic tone as he creeped towards me. I"are you going to pick up your feet and get out of here?"

"I can't just walk out, besides I wouldn't be here if you hadn't left me for dead in the first place"

"Do you even really remember what happened?" He questioned as he stood over me.

"Just go away" I cry wiping away my tears "I don't want to see you if you're not real!" I sit up straight in bed.

He stared at me in silence as the lock to the door began to click. I turn towards it as the door opened revealing Jackson holding a tray.

"Here you go my lovely" he spoke up as he placed the tray on my bed. "You keep being a good girl like you were on your shift and you get fed after it. That's the deal with all the girls here"

I glance back to where Jack was standing and he was no longer there.
I look at the tray to see it was mashed potatoes, cut up carrots and a cup of water. My eyes found their way back up to Jackson, he could sense my skepticism. He took the spoon and had a taste of the mashed potatoes

"Mmm" he nodded as he swallowed "tastes like shit" he placed the spoon back down "if you don't want it, I'm sure another girl would be happy to have seconds...for a price."

"No" I mutter as I place the tray on my lap.

"Good girl" he praised as I gave into the painful hunger and began to eat.

"It's a shame only the clients get to have you"  he muttered quietly. His eyes intently scanning me.

"No one is going to have me" I reply with a frown. "I don't give a shit if they're your clients"

He couldn't help but tilt his head admiring the attitude.

"Ah I can see why the boss has taken a natural liking to you" he gestured with a smile. "It's always a shame to see such potential go to waste"