Chapter 7 - Live a Little

Apricity Adams
May 13, 2023

My eyes slowly blink open, attempting to take in my surroundings. I begin to worry when I realize I'm not in my bed, or in my house.

I'm at Harry's house... 

Shit. I fell asleep here.

The warm body I seem to have fallen asleep on is still beneath me and luckily, he's still out cold, giving me time to process all of this. Memories from yesterday begin to flash through my mind.

Harry helping me. Scraping my leg. Harry helping me again. Having dinner with Harry. Laughing with Harry. Laying with Harry. Sharing personal details of my life and mind with Harry. Holding hands with Harry. Harry kissing my forehead.

Harry. Harry. Harry... Fuck.

As my mind continues to spin and I think of how the hell I'm going to escape this, a hand begins to move on my back as I feel Harry awaken beneath me.

"Good morning." His raspy accent breaks through the tension of my thoughts. God, he sounds even sexier in the mornings.

"Good morning," I respond, tilting my head up to see that he's already staring down at me. I begin to sit up, but Harry's hold on my back tightens, causing me to lay back down on his chest.

"Just give me a few more minutes..." he mumbles into my hair. "Don't wanna let go."

He's being so fucking sweet right now that my head is spinning.

I'm done for.

"Gonna have to let me go eventually..." I whisper to him as I pull and tug at his hoodie next to my face.

"Maybe..." he says cheekily.

Just as I think he's about to let go of me and stand, he swiftly grabs my hips and flips us over, his long hair cascading around my face as my head lays against the back of the couch. My heart begins to race and my body tenses, as my mind floods with possibilities of what he's trying to do.

"You're so beautiful..." he whispers, leaning down to place a soft kiss to my forehead, then to my right cheek, my left, and the tip of my nose, before repeating the cycle all over again several times until I burst out in giggles and heated pink cheeks.

"There she is," he says as he stands up from his position hovered over me. It's like he could read my mind that I was scared. He pulls me up to stand with him, his fingers intertwining with my own like they were made for me to hold.

"What are you doing today?" he asks, leading us into the kitchen. He lets go of my hands to grab two mugs, keeping me close to his side as he makes us coffee.

"Um... Nothing really. Probably see if anything else needs done to my house and just go over things for Monday."

I don't have much going on until my internship starts, but why does he care? He moves to stand in front of me, lacing our fingers together again.

"Why don't you spend the day with me?" he asks nervously, squeezing my hands a bit.

"Like the whole day?" I furrow my brows, trying to better understand him.

"Yes... The whole day... If that's something you're comfortable with of course." He chuckles at my naivety, tilting his head to the side. I must have doubt written all over my face as he continues further. "It'll be fun... I can show you some of my favorite spots here in Oregon."

"Oh uh... I don't know. I need to go through things for Mond-"

"The same things you've been over at least twenty times already?" He cuts me off. "You're gonna burnout, love. C'mon. Have a day with me..." He leans in to press his forehead against my own.