9

I knew going to a party when I had school the next day was a bad idea. Yet, I couldn't stop myself from going along with the tall and lean boy I'd met only recently. The party wasn't really my scene, but it was fun and exciting to do something I hadn't done before. Especially when I was with Jisung.

  Waking up with a headache, I reached over to turn off my alarm, the blaring noises destroying my ear drums. I sat up, my eyes falling back shut, while I forced myself out of bed.

  "Chenle!" My mother's voice was almost louder than the alarm had been. I didn't answer her, instead entering the bathroom to freshen up.

  I followed through my everyday morning routine, skipping breakfast due to the slight queasiness I felt, despite my mother protesting that I eat something before leaving for school.

  Finally, I stepped through the front door, the fresh air never feeling so welcoming. I was going to ride to school with Aecha. It has actually become a habit now. We'd ride to school together, meet up during lunch, and if we were both free after school, we'd ride home together too. It was nice. Knowing what was going to happen and that I was with a pretty girl who liked me just as much as I liked her.

  I waited, around her house, but not too close as to not look like a stalker or a creep, but she was taking much longer than usual. Eventually, she came through the front door.

  "Sorry, it took me awhile to get ready today." Upon seeing her, my breath was knocked out of my chest. If it was even possible for her to be more beautiful, she seemed that way every time I saw her.

  I gulped, "No worries, I was a little later than usual too." I lied, so she wouldn't feel bad. The two of us piled into her car, having an uneventful ride to school. I couldn't help, but wonder if I would see Jisung around at school. He had been suspended until now, so it made me wonder if we had any of the same classes, or if we'd eat lunch together like I'd like to.

  "Are you alright?" Aecha turned to me. "You're a little quieter than normal today." I smiled, draining all the energy from my face as I did so.

  "Mhm, just had a long night, that's all." I assured her. She seemed content with my answer and continued driving.

  School was school. I separated from Aecha when we walked in since her locker was far from mine. Before leaving, she kissed me on the cheek, reminding me to find her at lunch. I walked away, slightly dreading lunch, and I didn't know why.

  The first two periods went by smoothly. Donghyuck and I met in second period, which was history, discretely passing notes all throughout the lesson to avoid boredom. Third period rolled around and we had to separate. Followed by fourth period.

  I slumped down in my seat, awaiting an uneventful lecture on stoichiometry. I lay my head down on my crossed arms over my desk, closing my eyes, deciding that a two-minute nap interrupted by the bell was still better than no nap at all. Before I could even get ten seconds in, a voice disrupted me, while thin fingers pressed my forehead playfully.

  "Rise and shine," his voice was low and gravelly, grasping my attention. "I didn't take you for the type to sleep in class." I poked one eye open, stealing a quick glance at the owner of the voice before shutting it again.

  There I saw Jisung, wearing a black jacket with a hood (with most-likely a black t-shirt inside) and black pants. It was very simple, as if he were trying to blend in, so much to the point where he was forgettable. He had a backpack (also black), slipping off his right shoulder, ready to sink to the floor while Jisung lowered himself into the empty chair in front of me.

  The light brown streaks in his hair were always one of my favorite features of him, and today, it was the brightest thing he had. His hair looked a little messy charmingly, as if he did it on purpose. His expression was teasing, and I could sense the flippancy down to his fingertips.