2. Michael

The air was crisp and fresh, and the sun is just stating to peek over the horizon, casting a warm glow over everything in it touches.

The world around Everett seem peaceful and serene, with the birds chirping and singing their songs, creating a delightful soundtrack mixed with the sound of leaves rustling in the wind, creating a soothing background noise.

The atmosphere was calm and peaceful, and there is sense of quiet anticipation in the air for what the day may bring. It'd have felt wonderful if school life wasn't so tough for Everett.

The young man broke into a frustrated sigh, puffing and huffing weakly as he made his way towards the school.

"Everett!"

He automatically halt, turning around to see Sara running towards him, completely out of breath.

"Why are you running so early? You don't even know how to run." He huffed, clenching the strap of his backpack which was nestled on his shoulder.

Sara lips curled up into a pout as she mini glare at him. "Long legged people are not the only ones who can run you know. I can still win a race if i put my mind at it. Hump!" She boasted cutely.

Everett snorted, nodding his head. "Sure, flash girl."

"Hey! I told you to stop calling me that."

The nickname flash girl always reminded Sara of an embarrassing day in elementary school. If she hasn't lost the race to heavyweight runners she competed with back then, Everett would never have to call her flash girl.

It always made her happy because Everett would always laugh when he's reminded of the scene but that wouldn't stop her from playing her whining part.

"That was in first grade, how come you still haven't forgotten about it?"

"How can I? It's the most hilarious memories i have. You were quite boastful at that time but you came out losing to all those people you called jelly belly." Everett chuckled.

"You know this is nice." Sara said, smiling shyly while staring at her feet.

"What?" Everett inquired without looking at her.

"Well...i felt like the old you is back. It would be better to have you around in school but you kept secluding yourself. I feel offended cause sometimes you act like you don't know me."

Everett stopped on his track and spun on his feet to face his best friend as she look up at him with her huge doe eyes.

He sighed, eyes sad. "I'm sorry if you felt that way. Sara, no matter what happens you're still my best friend."

A beautiful smile grace her face as Everett smiled down at her but the smile on her face faded as she noticed the mark on his cheek.

"Everett your face, what happened?" Her eyes were filled with concern. Everett perched his palm against his left cheek, blinking rapidly as he tries to come up with an excuse.

"Er..i-wait here." Sara cut him off.

"Huh?" He frowned as he watches her running towards the convenience store opposite the school gate. After some minutes, she jogged towards him with an adhesive bandage in her hand.

"Come here." She grab his hand, pulling him towards the schoolyard.

"Take a seat."

Everett obediently sat down, curiously watching her as she peel off the sachet and lean closer to his face, gently applying the bandage on his cheek.

A light blush dusted over her cheeks as she stare into his hazel eyes, to her the blue fleeks in them were gleaming.

Everett was one with the amazing look, a great combination of cute and sexy. His eyes are alluring, not to talk about his kissable lips or the freckles below his eyes that adorn his light brown skin. He was one of a kind, a rare beauty of his own but Everett will never agree he is handsome.