3. Unknown Feelings

The bell rang as Everett made his way into the cafe. He searched around until he noticed Sara waving her hands in the air.  He lower his head as he noticed some group of girls staring and mumbling about his looks. He quickly made his way to Sara's table and smile sheepishly as he took his seat.

"I thought you wouldn't make it." She said before calling a waiter.

"I'm sorry i slept in."

"That's okay...as long as you're here now- excuse me?" Sara frowned, shifting her gaze to the guy beside her before peeling her gaze off of him.

"Michael? What are you doing here?" Everett asked, stunned.

"Why so surprised?" The bulky boy chuckled, seeing their expression.

"You seems to be everywhere." Everett mumbled.

"What?" Sara squint her eyes at him, curiously.

"Am i?" Michael snorted with a teasing smile plastered over his face.

"What are you doing here?" Sara asked, irritated.

The moment she learnt he's friends with Dave, she took him as one of those guys who would pick on Everett so she dislikes his presence.

"Well...i swopped in for a waitress on sick leave because I need a favor from my mom. She owes this place."

Everett oohed, nodding his head in understanding. Michael was about to say something when the bell went off, he shift his gaze towards the door before looking back at Everett.

"What are you ordering?" He asked.

"An iced Americano with whipped cream for me." Sara replied, looking away.

"Um...i-i'll go with caramel macchiato."

"Cool. I'll be right back." Michael told them and left, going towards another customer's table.

Meanwhile, Sara and Everett made small talks as they waited. She tried to focus on the conversation but her mind kept drifting back to what she wanted to say.

She took a deep breath, separating her lips to speak.

"Ev..i have to tell you something." She said, her voice slightly trembling.

Everett looked at her curiously and lean closer to the table. "What is it?

She fidget with her ring, taking a deep breath again.

"You remember when i told you I had feelings for someone?"

"Yeah..i do."

"He.. i mean..i-i-."

Everett frowned and quickly take her hand into his. "Sara. Calm down...take a deep breath before you speak."

She gulped and did as she was told before locking eyes with him. " I..i have had feelings for you for a long time now."

Everett subconsciously let go of her hand, his eyes widened with a mixture of surprise and concern as he look at her in the eyes, speechlessly.

"I know you think of me as just a friend but i can't keep pretending that i don't feel this way. I care about you, Everett. I really do."

Everett expression softened and he reaches across the table to take her hand for the second time.

"Sara..i-i- had no idea. I care about you too but I'm sorry i don't feel this way." He lower his head, unable to stand her painful sight, seeing her cry was one of his weaknesses.

She burst into tears as her heart sank at his words. "I understand Ev. I do." She replied, squeezing his hand. "I just wanted you to know how I felt." She tried to keep her voice steady.