{Silence - 4}

{Silence - 4}

-&-

Louis gasped in surprise, as he re-read the message over and over again. "No." he breathed shakily. "This couldn't be." Ms. Calder looked at him with such a deranged expression on her face. "What do you mean Louis?" she asked, finally removing her past formalities and settling with Louis instead of 'Mr. Tomlinson' in which he swore he didn't want to here. That, and the wrong pronunciation of his name from Lu-wee to Lu-wis, but that's definitely besides the point.

"You called me Louis." he remarked proudly at the girl, who in turn, blushed a deep red, and nodded. "I-I wanted to say it for a w-while now.." she confessed. "Well, then I guess you don't mind me calling you Eleanor then?" a smile lifted her face, and she nodded enthusiastically. "E-El for s-short, my friends call me El." Louis was surprised by the confession but nodded. "Alright El, I'll see ya later and.." he stared at his watch briefly. "hopefully you guys find Harry." and with that, Louis sauntered off to a bright snowy day.

This surprised the boy, never had he seen such tiny snowflakes dance around the cold winter wind, while having to be able to produce such a sad, quiet tune from within the wind flurries that reached Louis in such a way, that he had to make a run for it in order to keep his warmth from beneath his toes, to the very beanie that laid comfortably on his head. In short, he was definitely freezing. And having such heavy casts to weigh him down was not exactly the way to go.

His steps felt heavy at each trudge, and panting breath. Luckily, he came to a stop in the right front yard, which happened to belong to his mother, and 4 sisters. Yep, this was actually one of his 'lucky' days as he calls it. Slowly, and carefully, he brushed passed through the visible wet, solid snow patches, careful not to trip, and to Louis' dismay, there was yet another sneaky layer of black ice by the pavement, and he found himself falling at such a rapid speed. "Yeah mum, I got it. Thanks!!" Louis could distinctly hear his sister Lottie's voice from the open doors.

Louis debated with himself for a second. Should he call for help? Or should he just man up, and just use his own hands to get up? Unsurprisingly, he chose to remain quiet, and prop himself to a nearby spot by the leafless plant, sat up, and with a few deep breaths, haul his own dead-weight of a body up with a silent groan. This action took him a few attempts, but he finally got it within the fifth try. As he carefully angled his cast, his eyes flickered to the dirty blonde, and same blue eyes that looked at him quizzically.

"Lou?" she called out, almost as if she was shocked to see him. Her blue gaze remained on Louis, or rather the bright casts that enveloped his arm, and leg. "Hi." he quietly murmured, and made his way towards his sister, reaching for the door, but Lottie frowned and looked at him with an almost-caring leer. Her mouth gaped open to say something, but the door clicked open at the same instant, and "LOUIS!!!" a pair of high-pitched voices broke through the seemingly awkward silence.

Louis felt winded, as the two came out of the door as small, mere brown fuzzy blurs, and now they were hugging Louis like they actually missed him, like his life was of relevance to them, and Louis couldn't be any happier than that. "Daisy, Phoebe" he crooned with a small smile. "Lou, mummy said you died!!" Daisy claimed with a silent hiccup. "Yeah, said something about you coming to your end, and .. A-and we thought that you really d-died." Phoebe wailed, while burying her face full of tears onto Louis chest. Louis' stomach clenched were they even given some kind of indication, or confirmation, that he was infact alive, and doing quite well for once in his life.

"No worries. I'm still here."Louis reassures his sisters, pecking both of them in the forehead lovingly, while they waved him a goodbye as they were infact heading to their bus stop to be brought to school, with their backpacks slung on one shoulder, vaguely mimicking what Louis had done during his earlier teenage phase, on an attempt of at least 'trying' to fit in. Though it worked for his second and third year of high school, things had to expire sooner or later, and now, here he was, openly gay, the class-clown, and the unwanted child. How great was his life!