•7•

Since Dave asked you for a dance, all of the attention were right now on you and your dance partner as slow jazz music played in the background.

Looking at him in the eye, you can't even tell what he's up to until he began to speak with a British accent.

"So, what brings you here to Hurricane, Utah, with the billionaire from Gotham?" Dave asked.

"Well, Harvey invited Bruce and Bruce brought me here as his partner." You replied, though you mentally knew it was for an undercover mission.

The man slightly nodded as he gently twirled you around while your back was facing close to him.

"Just as his partner, hm?" Dave then smirks, "Tell me, how many women have you seen with him?"

You mentally rolled your eyes before answering, "I don't keep tabs on what his love life is, nor do I want to know."

Dave slightly chuckles as he turned you around, your face looking at him. "My apologies, I thought you'd be his girlfriend."

"To tell you the truth, I'm 19 years old so I'm too young to be his girlfriend." You murmured.

"Oh...age gap..." Dave muttered, "guess that makes sense."

After a last few slow dance moves, you both bowed at each other as the crowd around you both applauded by your performance.

The man gave you a kiss on the hand as it made you flustered a little, even though you shouldn't feel that kind of way. Dave smirks with a sly grin as he saw your reaction. The crowd in the room began resuming their talks with one another while commenting on how beautiful the dance was.

You removed the male's hand and smiled. "Thank you for giving me a dance, I guess this was my first time doing that with someone."

This made Dave raise a brow with curiosity.

"Oh really?" He crossed his arms, "Were you isolated from society by your parents?"

Before you could answer, your eyes began to linger at a marigold haired woman in a black sleek dress with black heels coming towards Dave from behind.

"Dave, you're here!"

The said man slightly flinched at the familiar sound of the woman's voice. He roughly sighed and turned around to look at his ex fiancé with a unpleased look.

"Claire."

"Aww, don't give me that look, Davey-boo." Claire pouted as she linked her arms around his.

The nickname that left from the woman's mouth made you gag on the inside as you heard Maki comment through the comm link.

"Poor Dave; no wonder he divorced that woman. And that nickname sounds gross in my opinion."

You mentally agreed with her as Nightwing asked, "So this is the problem you're talking about, Superboy?"

"Not really...?" The Kryptonian clone replied, sounding unsure.

Ignoring whoever's speaking through the comms, you cleared your throat as it gained both Dave and Claire's attention. The woman looks at you with a glare and stood in front of Dave.

"And you'd might be?" Claire blinks for a second as a smirk slips onto her face, "Oh wait, you're that woman who was dancing with my fiancé, right?"

"You mean your ex fiancé?" You corrected as Claire scoffs.

"Doesn't matter, I'm here to return to Dave as his future wife again." She grins.