[II/XV]

Assalamu'alaikum...

*********

Sopan knocked on [Name]'s room door.

"Please come in."

Without thinking, Sopan opened the door.  Sopan is looking at [Name], who is busy with her laptop screen.

"Assalamualaikum, here is the data," Sopan said.

"Waalaikumsalam, woaahhhh, that's fast, Sopan. Thank you so much..." [Name] smiled kindly as usual.

After Sopan gave the data, he still stood in front of [Name]. Making things a little awkward.

"Sopan? What else?" asked [Name] to Sopan.

"Do you want to killin' time before Iftar with me later?"

[Name]'s face suddenly became red. Yeah, actually [Name] really wanted to ask Sopan to hang out before.

"You... you can."

Sopan smiled, then left [Name's] room. [Name] smiled to herself because she still didn't expect that Sopan would ask her to go killing time before Iftar. She became more and more excited to do her work so that it would be finished quickly, and then she would go off the beaten path with Sopan.

*********

"So, where are we going first?" asked Sopan, who was already beside [Name].

"Are ya wanna going to the mall?" replied [Name], still with a red face. Previously, she had never walked side by side with Sopan. What's more, it smells like a gentlemanly Sopan, huh, [Name] might faint. Just kiddin.

"Aaahh, that's fine."

Their office is not far from the mall. So, the two of them just walked to the mall.

During the trip, [Name] always felt like holding Sopan's hand, but she held it in because she was too shy to do so.

They also did not dare to start the conversation. So things get awkward again.

"You... are you married?" [Name] asked, starting the topic of conversation.

"Not yet. How about you?"

"Me neither."

Wow, [Name]'s heart fluttered when she found out that Sopan was not married. It felt [Name] wanted to marry Polite at that very second.

The two of them spent time chatting together while walking around, of course they bought food to break their fast later.

"[Name]... want. .. Iftar together? You don't mind, do you?"

Deg!

"E... eeehh... that's okay, I don't mind, really. Besides, I usually break my fast myself."

"Good."

"Where do you want to break the fast??"

"To the park that just opened here, I think it's still quiet."

"Okay."

*********

The two of them sat on the soft grass in the garden while preparing food for breaking their fast.

"The sky is pretty, isn't it [Name]?" Sopan smiled at [Name] who was still preparing the food.

"A- aahh yes, so pretty."

The wind started blowing their mane. The black mane now looks very beautiful in Sopan's eyes.

Sopan takes out something from his pouch. What is it?

"[Name]... I believe God created you for me to love. God chose you over the others because he knew I loved you the most. Can you be mine for now and forever?"

Deg! Is [Name] dreaming?

[Name] widens her eyes, really? [Name] proposed by the man she expected? But unfortunately, [Name] had to reject Sopan's application because of her shortcomings.

"But Sopan... I... I..."

"Why?"

"I don't want to. You are disappointed, so you better find another woman who is better than me. I have MRKH syndrome... sorry."

"MRKH? You can't give birth??"

"Yes, sorry.. ."

"[Name], listen, I married you because I love you, not because I want kids. Besides, we can adopt kids if you want."

"Huh? So... Do you still want to marry me?"

"Yes."

"You're really in a hurry, anyway. Luckily, I accept."

"Eh, you accept me?"

"Of course I do."

Sopan put the ring on [Name's] ring finger. Now the ring looks very beautiful after being worn by [Name].

'Beautiful.'

*********

...can we spend the rest of our life together?

617 words.