Chapter 3: Mario and The Rabbit Hole

Mario and Tari emerged from the gaming room. The spontaneous noises lingered on though, stretching throughout the castle until it faded away.

Mario: "Hey! What are ya doing? What's going on??" He pointed at the ceiling. The noises soon stopped. "ANSWER ME!!!"

Tari: "What if it can't talk?"

Mario: "How did a critter get into our walls already though... the damn place hasn't even been open for a DAY!" He sighed. "Whatever, it's not my problem." He cantered back into the room. Tari glanced back and forth before following along.

Four popped out of his room as soon as they left. "Guys. is someone inside my walls or am I just being delusional again?"

---

Weeks flew by, and the noises continued on. The rest of the crew started to figure out there was an issue. Some tried to investigate the ventilations and pipes, while others didn't even dare to go inside. They were even trying to come up with what really happened. Maybe they built it on a whole patch with many rodents, maybe a hobo broke in, maybe it was built on the spawn of the devil, maybe it was one of them that was in the walls, but they had yet to find out. Either way, a kind of stinky smell was in the castle already.

Finally, Mario had it. He stomped over to a vent, carrying a green ball named Boopkins. "This little piece of-a crap is gonna bite your grippers if you don't leave our walls." No response, so Mario barreled him into the vent. It was quiet for a while. He eventually got bored waiting, so he went to the kitchen to get a snack. Right when he was at the door, random thuds were suddenly caught. Soon, a familiar voice was heard again

Boopkins: "AAAAAA..." There were many crashes from inside as his voice quickly faded away.

Mario shrugged. "Eh, it's probably nothing." He strolled away to the room.

--

While Mario was eating, Bob and One were having a little chat with each other just to try to catch up.

Bob: "The stage is awesome! I get to practice my swag rapping skills in there."

One: "That sounds really cool, how about the other rooms?"

Bob: "Well... they're okay. I just haven't gotten used to the weird vibe."

One leaned on Bob. "What happened to the old castle though?"

Bob froze. "Uh. Uh."

Tari entered the area they were in. "Hey Bob! It's time for the rehearsal!"

Bob jumped. "OH YEAH! THAT!!"

One: "A rehearsal?"

Bob: "Yeah, with Saiko and Kaizo! I just need a couple people to come along, like you and Boopkins!" He pointed to the side where Boopkins would have been. Instead he ended up pointing at nothing. "...and Boopkins is not here ummm oh my god we need to find him." He hopped up from his sitting position. "I'll be back soon..."

One stood up as well. "Can I help?"

Bob: "Sure... Tari can as well if she wants to." Just like that, the 3 of them ran off to search for Boopkins.

--

As other events were taking place, Four was busy making yet another video. "Wooooo!! Time for another 10 hour editing marathon!" A loud bang was heard in the walls. "...WOOO!!!!" He quickly started on his video, typing and cropping away on his computer. Wacky jokes? Yes! Ragdolls flying everywhere? OF COURSE! Extremely odd and random thuds in the walls and echoes? ....No, it's distracting. More distracting than Three was with his check ups. In fact, where was he? He opened up his phone and called him only to be hung up on almost immediately. Right at that moment, it sounded as if someone crashed right in the vents, but Four didn't notice anything when he made a glance from under. Now it was really irritating him. How is he supposed to work with this? He stared at the screen, reminiscing about... something.