Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I went into the bathroom to get changed into a tank top and shorts for bed. When I got out of the bathroom, Niall was already in my bed, ready for me to hop in with him. I cuddled up to his side, careful not to hurt his bruised chest, and his arm was around me. He leaned down to kiss the top of my head. "I can't wait to come back to you, for a really long time."

"Same here." I started to tear up. I'm going to miss him so much. He then started singing my favorite song.

"I don't quite know how to say how I feel, Those three words are said too much...They're not enough...If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world..." and eventually singing me to sleep.

I woke up to an empty bed. I quickly got up and walked down the hall and heard quiet humming. I smiled. His back was to me, sipping some tea. He must've heard my footsteps because he turned around and smiled.

"Mornin', Kiera." I could tell he was trying to be as calm as possible. I couldn't stand the the thought I wouldn't be seeing him for two whole months.

"Hey." I said quietly, standing on my toes to gentlely kiss his bruised cheek.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked, as cheerfully as he could.

"Let's go back down to the Pier. I didn't get a chance to do some other stuff."

"Okay, babe. Whatever you wanna do."

I showered and got dressed into one of my favorite outfits. I smiled when I saw Niall's attire.

"Babe, look. We.. sort of match." He had on his American flag shirt and his blue snapback, and I was dressed in the same red-white-blue color scheme.

"Oh so we're becoming one of those couples now, eh?" He said, laughing.

When we got to the Pier, our fingers interlaced and we casually walked around. He bought me a soda and I spotted my first target. "Babe, lets go into the photo booth!" We walked over and climbed in. He inserted the money and the camera started.

"5...4...3...2...1...Smile!"

After four pictures were captured, we stepped out and collected the strips. In the first one, we both had our tounges out, the second one was our duck faces, the third one I had my eyes crossed and he had his one eyebrow cocked with his tounge out. But the fourth one was my favorite. His lips were playfully planted on my cheek as I smiled.

"Take this with you while you're away from me on tour. We'll both have one." I said quietly.

He nodded before he intertwined his large fingers with my tiny ones and I walked towards the arcade.

"Ooh, let's go in here, babe."

He bought us tokens and we played air hockey (I won) and a racing game, and we won a bunch of tickets. I felt like a little kid again. We cashed in our tickets for candy, and we walked around the rest of the time eating the combined candy. When it started to near sunset, we sat on the dock, our shoes off and our bare feet swinging. We talked and teased, like this wasn't going to be his last day with me.

He sighed. "I wish it didn't have to be like this."

"I know," I said quietly.

"I'll be back soon enough..." he paused. "Saying I love you is such an understatement, you don't understand. I'm unconditionally in love with you, Kiera. I would do anything for you. I want us to stay like this...I know I'm going for a little while. But you don't know how happy you make me. You don't know how much it means to me that you stayed."

"I love you so much, Niall. You showed me that love still exists. You made me believe in love again. Because of my past, I've never believed in love. But when you came along... It was different with you. It will always be different with you. I love you more than anyone I've ever known, and I trust you with my everything. But, instead of talking about this," my tone lowered, "Lets just enjoy the moment and the remaining time we have together."

We went on the Ferris Wheel after we ate diner. As we rose up, we stopped almost at the top, but not quite. "Aww, so close," I laughed.

He started to laugh and say, "Well, that'd be too cliché. We need to make our own love story." He pulled me into a passionate kiss. I rested my head on his shoulder and his head was on mine. This was our love story. No fireworks went off, no romantic, cliché stuff. Just us being us. That was all I needed. Everything I need is right here.

We went back to his place and I got changed into his shorts and tank top before climbing into his bed. I realized that this would be the last time I'd be able to kiss him, or hear his heartbeat for awhile. I layed on his chest, avoiding his bruises. I heard his heart beat as tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"I w-want you to stay with me, Niall," I sniffled.

"I want to stay too," Niall tried his best to steady his voice, "But I can't, baby. I'm.. I'm sorry."

"I know," I said quietly, "I know."

Again, he sang me to sleep, this time with a different song.

"They don't know how long it takes waiting for a love like this, every time we say goodbye, I wish we had one more kiss, I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will..."