Birthday (Fluff)

Eddie opened his eyes to see his fiancé
standing above him.

"Good morning, Darling." Wally welcomed softly. Eddie smiled.

"Morning..." He groaned. Eddie sat up right, and Wally hugged him.

"I made you breakfast." Wally whispered before he kissed Eddie's cheek and walked away to the kitchen. Eddie couldn't help but wonder how he got someone like Wally.

Eddie walked into the kitchen to see Wally finishing a painting.

"Looks beautiful, sweetheart." Eddie wrapped his arms around his fiancé.

"Thank you. Why don't you eat? You have a long day today." Wally pointed to the table.

Eddie nodded and walked over to the plate of waffles made just for him.

"Thanks." Eddie began eating.

"It's nothing." Wally smiled and continued his painting.

There was a comfortable silence for a second.

"Hey, when do you have work today?" Wally asked.

"10." Eddie replied.

"It's 9:42..." Wally said slowly. Eddie jumped and ran to their bedroom.

"SHIT! SHIT!"

Eddie ran around the room, trying to get his brand new uniform on.

The new uniform was a plain white shirt, blue jacket, blue hat, blue pants, and tan work boots.

He was rushing out the door when he realized he didn't have his hat.

"WHERE IS MY HAT!?" He yelled. Wally tapped his shoulder and handed him his hat.

"Oh. Thank you." He took his hat and kissed Wally on the forehead.

Wally blushed and watched his fiancé walk away.

"I love you..." Wally mumbles. Eddie smiled and mouthed, "I love you too."

Wally frowned.

Did he forget Wally's birthday...?

~~~

Wally sat down at his desk and looked through a sketchbook. He flipped through the book, seeing almost nothing but sketches of Eddie he worked for hours on. It was his favorite thing to sketch.

He looked around the room for something he could sketch.

'Oh, flowers. My favorite, Magnolias."

Wally started with a circle and lines connected. Then, he added more circles and lines. He worked a bit more before he just gave up.

He sat down on the couch and took a book that he had bought from Howdy.

"Relationship Advice for Men"

Wally shook his head.

'It's not like a stupid book is gonna understand what Eddie and I have.'

He went to chapter 12, "Birthday,"

He skipped through the pages and found what he was looking for.

"If your lover forgets your birthday, here are some quick tips for what to do,

1. Remind them the next day

They will immediately feel remorseful and apologize.

2. Make them make it up to you

If they forgot about your birthday, then remember to mention it. If you ask them to make it up, they most likely will.

3. Give them almost no attention

They will probably notice something is wrong."

Wally immediately knew what to do.

~~~

Eddie arrived home. He was extremely happy. He had something special planned for Wally's birthday.

It's not like he forgot Wally's birthday! Why would he!?

He didn't think he had forgotten!
Did you?

"Hey, sweetheart." Eddie walked up to Wally and kissed his cheek.

"Get away from me, Ed." Wally scoffed and walked to the dining room.

"Excuse me?" He growled.

"I said, get away from me." Wally repeated.

"Uhhh, why?" Eddie crossed his arms.

"Oh? So you really don't remember. Asshole." Wally just rolled his eyes.

"Ugh. Wally. Fine. I guess you don't want to know about your birthday suprise..." Eddie started walking away, knowing where he should be right now.

"Wait, you didn't forget...?"

"No. I have a whole thing planned! You thought I forgot?" Eddie placed a soft hand on Wally's cheek. Wally slowly nodded and hugged his lover tightly.

"I'm sorry..." Wally whispered.

"It's okay." Eddie ran his large hands through the smaller man's hair.

"So, about that surprise..." Wally dragged out. Eddie laughed.

"Okay. It's just outside."

Eddie smiled while Wally clung to his waist.

Eddie opened the door, and Wally slowly walked from behind Eddie's back.

Everyone in the neighborhood had a present for Wally.

"Happy 26th birthday, Wally!"