Burned (Angst)

Warnings:

Burn victims
Death
Hospitalization
Depression

~~~~

Happiness radiates off of Julie.

The friendliness off of Howdy.

The drowsiness off of Frank.

The humor off of Poppy.

The glow of Sally.

The overworking of Eddie.

The playfulness of Barnaby.

The smile of Wally.

A day like any other.

But little did they know,
Today was the day.

The day till all comes to an end.

The day... Of the fire...

Eddie was making his average runs, going to everyone's house to see how they were doing, giving them mail, and probably getting a free snack in the process.

He stopped by Barnaby's for a letter from his mother, to Howdy for a product order, to Frank from a friend out of town, and to Wally, from a woman named Monika from some school.

Wally was Eddie's last run. On his way, he heard yelling from a little ways away. In the woods.

He shrugged it off and knocked on Wally's door. Wally quickly answered it. He loved seeing his boyfriend. He always brought him a flower from his walk.

"Hey, Wally! I brought another letter from Monika!" Eddie handed him the note. Wally smiled and gave his boyfriend a big hug.

"Thank you, Eddie!" He squealed. Eddie gave him a quick kiss and waved as they parted.

Wally was head over heels for Eddie.

Eddie had finished all his deliveries. It was time to head back to the post office. On his walk, he saw a weird glow. The smell of burning was resonating in the air.

As soon as he touched the handle of the door, a loud bang.

The loudest bang you could ever imagine.

Eddie collapsed and covered his ears. He looked over.

He saw the light was closer now. And then he realized

It was a fire.

"Holy shit!" He yelled. His arm was tugged by someone. It was Barnaby.

"EDDIE WE HAVE TO GET OUT!" He yelled while pulling Eddie out of the neighborhood.

"WAIT! WHAT ABOUT WALLY!?" Eddie tried pulling back.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WE CAN FIND HIM LATER!" Barnaby picked Eddie up and ran out.

Eddie was silent as Barnaby ran.

~~~

Police, Fire, and Ambulance arrived within 3 minutes. They took out 3 bodies.

Julie,
Sally,
And Wally.

Sally was pronounced dead at the site. Julie was unconscious but alive. Wally was still almost fully conscious and could understand the concept of what was going on.

Once Eddie saw Wally, he got up and tried to run to him, yelling his name. Barnaby pulled the screaming man back. Wally just smiled, knowing his lover was safe.

Eddie just started crying, breaking down and hiding his face. Barnaby ruffled Eddie's hair, and an EMT gave him a blanket. He cried into the blanket.

Eddie was shaking, and the sound of shuddering could be heard.