Chapter Two: Klee. Guess How It Ends

When I wake up, I'm unsure of where I am.

This place doesn't look like Shakkei Pavilion...

Where's Niwa? Or Katsuragi?

Then I remember.

I'm somehow over five hundred years in the future apparently.

That means.. Niwa......

I get up off the bed I've been resting on.

I do not require sleep to function, but I sometimes prefer to rest every now and then.

Besides, it can get boring, staying up all night when all humans are usually asleep.

Now then.

Alice-san told me someone named 'Albedo' would come retrieve me and explain... things to me.

I will admit, I am a bit nervous...

Suddenly, a door slams, giving me quite the shock.

"NEWWWWW FRIENDDD!" A childish voice rings through the house.

"Klee! Be quiet! For all you know, he could still be sleeping!" Another voice says, softly but firmly.

"Okay, I'm sorry." A tiny girl with blond hair and a red dress walks into the dining room.

Her red eyes fall on me and light up, going as wide as the sun.

"Big brother Albedo!" She calls.

A boy with crystal blue eyes and ashy blond hair, slightly more brown than the little girl's, enters the room as well.

"Is this the person mommy was telling us about?" The little girl asks.

Ahh, this feels strange.

The taller boy, Albedo, I assume, locks eyes with me.

"You are the one called Kabukimono, correct? Miss Alice was telling me about you." He says.

I nod.

"Wow! Mister Kabuki, you're so pretty! My name is Klee!" The girl says excitedly.

"Klee, don't overwhelm him." Albedo says.

Klee nods and her excitement fades.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Mister Kabuki." She says, her eyes going glossy with tears.

"N-no, you're fine!" I assure Klee enthusiastically, thinking of the child I met a little while ago.

Now that I think about it, he had the exact same eye color as this little girl.

Klee smiles again.

"Big brother Albedo, can we all go to Dragonspine today? I wanna build a snowman with Mister Kabuki!" Klee says.

"That's....an oddly specific desire. But we can't. The Traveler is coming from Sumeru to sort out this mess, remember?" Albedo says.

"I get to see the Honorary Knight again? Yay! Yay!" Klee shouts excitedly, jumping up and down.

"Who is...the Honorary Knight?" I ask.

"Mister Honorary Knight is super duper cool! He saved Mondstadt from a big dragon! He fought Stormterror with nothing but a sword!" Klee says.

"Stormterror?" I ask.

I've never heard of anything like that.

"Mister Honorary Knight told me he also goes by Dvalin." Klee says cheerfully.

Dvalin?

The Anemo Archon's dragon friend?

"He didn't...kill it, did he?" I ask.