Chapter Five: Mr. Dog Man

Kazuha and I walk ahead while Aether walks behind us, leading Klee and Diona.

"So uh.... what's Inazuma like now?" I ask Kazuha.

His face turns solemn, making something twist in my chest.

"Vision..." He mutters.

Then, he smiles once more.

"I don't really know how to explain it to you considering I do not know much about past Inazuma from which to compare the present to." Kazuha says.

"Um... Okay?" I say, trying to wrap my head around his oddly worded sentence.

"Hey Traveler? What do you think happened to...to uh... to the Wanderer." Kazuha asks.

Aether pulls Kazuha aside to a place where I assume they think I can't hear them.

However, they misjudge the strength of my ears.

"Can I leave Kabukimono with you? I want to go try to find him. I honestly don't know what he'd think about this. And I definitely don't want him to find out through suddenly coming face to face with himself." Aether whispers to Kazuha.

So this Wanderer person is-

"Of course. I'd be glad to. That being said...you don't think he.. was replaced by Kabukimono, right?" Kazuha whispers back.

Aether glances back at me for a split second before turning back to Kazuha.

"Okay look, I know you have a crush on Wanderer, but must you really blindside Kabukimono because of it? They're the same person, you know" Aether teases.

WHAT-

"I-I I didn't- I just- I just- I just-" Kazuha stammers frantically, his cheeks growing red.

"You just what?" Aether asks, motioning for Kazuha to lower his voice again.

"I'm just worried about him." Kazuha hisses.

"I'll take care of it. Don't worry." Aether whispers.

"I can get Thoma's help taking care of Kabukimono. Leave that part to me." Kazuha whispers.

The two nod and walk back to me.

"Kazuha....you....like my future self?" I ask with a straight face.

Kazuha's red eyes go wide and his cheeks turn red.

"Y-you heard that?" He whispers.

I smile.

"I can help set you up with future me!" I exclaim.

"You can?" Aether asks. "How?"

"I can figure it out." I say. "Also I don't mind you leaving. You could have talked in front of me." I say.

"I'll remember that for next time." Aether says, clearly trying to change the subject.

"It...it doesn't make you feel weird that....that I..." Kazuha trails off.

"Of course not. Why would it?" I ask.

"The thing is...what happens if both Kabukimono and Wanderer exist at the same time? Past and future incarnations?" Aether asks, still trying to change the subject.

"Wouldn't you know better than me?" Kazuha asks.

"The other problem is, and don't take this personally Kabukimono, but I'm not sure Wanderer exactly....likes his past incarnations." Aether says.

"We can figure out what to do if they do exist at the same time." Kazuha says.

"Fine. I'm going back to Sumeru. I'll be back soon, hopefully." Aether says.