Ch. 2 - Last Day At The Academy

(Y/N) Warner POV:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of the academy, I guess my walk led me here when I got lost in my thoughts of Will and his games. I looked at my watch and saw I still had about an hour before class started. That's fine though I can get some extra practice in.

Walking through the front door, I get to the security checkpoint. I scan my ID as the peacekeepers stand in silence; the glass door opens, and I walk through it and continue my way until I end up at the gun range. I grab the safety gear and walk to the clerk behind the glass window.

"Can I practice with the pistol, please"

The clerk looks at me and hands me a form to sign out the pistol, guns are the only weapons they keep track of because the capitol doesn't want to run the risk of losing them. I finish signing the form, and she walks away. Standing in silence for a few min she comes out holding the weapon and says.

"you have 25 min" 

She hands it to me and walks back to her station. Walking over to the target area, I put the bullets in the chamber, cock the pistol back and begin to practice my aim. 

*bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang*

I hit the button to bring the target close to me as I reload the clip. As expected, 5 out of six were heart holes tearing through the target, and the last one was in the neck. I press the target back to where it was and go once more 

*bang**bang**bang*bang**bang*.......*bang* pushing the button to bring to target close again I hear clapping from behind me. I turn to see Sargent Bailey, a peacekeeper who is in my dad's unit and his second in command. 

"Very impressive, Ms.Warner, although I'm not surprised given who your father is. I'm sure he taught you well"

 He smiles at me and steps closer, being polite I smile and say,

 "thank you, sir, he did teach me well, but I could always use more practice" 

This caused his smile to grow wider. "You are going to make a fine young peacekeeper. You might even move up the ranks faster than your father or myself..." He is face to face with me now, closer than I feel comfortable with. This is so awkward he gives me the creeps, but I have to say something.

"If my application goes through, then I hope to earn my promotions as everyone else does, sir."

He slowly pushed my (H/C) hair behind my shoulders. EW He then speaks up, saying 

"Well, now that this is your last qualifying year for the games with those looks of yours and skills, I'm sure you could.......earn it somehow..." -what the actual fuck- this is beyond gross, and I don't know what to do, 

If it were anyone else, I'd tell them to back off, but if I go off on him, I can kiss my entire livelihood goodbye. My father already expressed to me that if I was not picked by the victors to volunteer for the games, then I had to become a peacekeeper to make up for my brothers' failure, and if I didn't, I would be outcasted from not only my home but district two. If I go off on Bailey now, I can kiss any chance I had at everyday life goodbye. 

I take a step back, and before I can say anything, the door opens behind us. I turn around and see one of my old classmates from last year. His dark brown hair is very messy, I can tell he is trying to figure out whatever scene he stumbled into, before he or Bailey says anything, I smile and speak up.

"There you are, I was waiting here for you to get started on training. Let me just sign back in this pistol, and we can head over to the training room, okay?"