Day One Part 1

"C'mon! Let's go this way."

She followed Paimon, her guide into Teyvat. This land, in which she had not meant to be for this long. As the pair walked a glowing statue came into view.

"Oh wowwwwww! That's a Statue of The Seven!" Paimon stopped suddenly.
"A what?"
"There are a few of these statues scattered across the land to show The Seven's protection over the world. Among the seven gods, this god controls the wind."
"Ah, wind god."
"Paimon's not sure whether the god you're looking for is the Anemo God buuuuttttt Paimon'll take you to the Anemo God's place first, and there's a reason why~"

Paimon then continued to walk. Jaylenth followed closely behind.

"As we all know, poetry and language flow like the wind..."
"Yup." Jaylenth nodded along.
"There'll definitely be someone there who knows about you brother. At least that's what Paimon thinks. Whether the gods actually answer is a different story. You never know unless you try, so let's hop to it!"
"Off we go, ha."

She swam to the island in the center of the small lake. There lied the Statue of The Seven. She looked to Paimon who nodded at the statue. She walked towards it and reached out to touch a golden part of the statue. However when the statue began to glow...

"What."

The statue lit up and the orb was holding began to glow a bluish hue. Naturally, Jaylenth took a step back not only to look at the statue but also to distance herself from it. As the orb's glow grew a small symbol seemed to come from it and float down to her. She took another step back.

"What."

She watched as she seemed to absorb whatever it was into her chest. She looked to Paimon, baffled.

"Ooh! Did you just feel the elements of the world?"
"Uh-"
"Seems all you had to do was just touch the statue and you got the power of Anemo."
"I what."
"As much as they may want it, people in this world can never get a hold of powers as easily as you."

Jaylenth blinked at Paimon, barely grasping the words being said to her.

"How- ...."
"Ah-ha, it's because you're not from this world to begin with."

She inhaled sharply.

"What does that mean? What does that entail?"

Paimon just shook their head.

"If we keep heading west from here, we'll eventually reach Mondstadt, the city of Freedom. Monstadt is the city of the wind, because they worship the God of Anemo. So perhaps, because you got power from the God of Anemo, you can find some clues there."
"Let's hope so."
"There are also lots of bards there, so perhaps one of them has heard news of your brother."
"Oh, perfect."
"Let's move then! The elements in the world responded to your prayers and Paimon thinks that's a lovely sign."
"Here's to hopin' it is."

As the pair began to make their way to Mondstadt a monster appeared.

"Ah! A slime! Jaylenth look out!"

The fire slime headbutted Jaylenth and she stumbled backwards.

"What on earth- Oh. He's kinda cute."
"That's a slime, they're everywhere in Teyvat. Why don't you try to defeat it?"
"But he's so cuuute tho."

The slime ignited itself and headbutted Jaylenth again.

"Ah! Did he just- How dare. After I just called you cute and everything."
"Welllllll....."
"Yeah whatever okay Paimon"

After an usual slice with the sword Jaylenth found herself doing something she wouldn't normally do. She placed her hand out in front of her, palm facing toward the slime and felt the power of Anemo coursing through her. As the attack hit she let out a hearty "Hah!" and made quick work of the slime.

"Holy wow what the hell did I just do-?"

Before she had too much time for contemplation, two more slimes stepped to her. She did the same thing as before, holding her hand out, palm facing the slimes. However this time she held it out for longer before yelling "Hah!" and saw the difference in the attack.

Fueled by pure adrenaline, when four more slimes appeared she jumped and twisted in the air, lifted by Anemo, before unleashing a tornado that caught the slimes, pushed them back and eventually defeated them.

"Wow."
"These are the Anemo powers you got from the Statue of The Seven."

Paimon huffed.

"Aww... Paimon's so jealous! Why doesn't Paimon get cool fighting powers!?"
"I dunno, maybe touch the statue and pray to the gods or something, haha."

Paimon simply pouted at Jaylenth.

"But seriously, woah, how did I even do that? It was like all instinct"
"Stop rubbing it in Paimon's face!"
"Ok, fine. Anyways, We're supposed to be heading to Mondstadt right? Lead the way."