Day One Part 6

The pair cross the bridge, talk to the Knights at the entrance, and finally reach the gates of Mondstadt. There, they met Amber, who welcomed them.

"Let me officially introduce the city of wind, dandelions, and freedom--" Amber said, beaming with pride. "Travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius -- Welcome to Mondstadt!"

The traveler and her companion turned to each other.

"Finally, no more having to camp outdoors!" Paimon smiled and then turned back to Amber. "But... the city folk don't look too cheery."
"Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently," Amber explained. "But everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!"
"Jean?" Paimon asked.
"Acting grand master of the Knights of Favonius -- Jean, Defender of Mondstadt. With Jean on our side, surely even the vicious Stormterro will be no match for us."

Jean sounds pretty impressive. I hope one of them knows something about the God of Anemo.

"Before I take you guys to the Knights of Favonius headquarters, I have a present for you, Jaylenth."
"Oh? For me?"
"Yes. It's a reward for helping me clear out that hilichurl camp."
"He-Hey! Why doesn't Paimon get a reward?"

Jaylenth side-eyed her guide. Hmm, did you help at all Paimon? Despite thinking this at Paimon rather aggressively, Paimon failed to notice the look she was being given.

"Ahh... Because this reward is useless to you, Paimon. But I'll treat you to a traditional Mondstadt delicacy -- Sticky Honey Roast."

Hearing the mention of food, Paimon turned to the traveler and celebrated. "Sticky Honey Roast!"

Amber turned back to Jaylenth, addressing her once again. "Come with me, we'll head to the city's ahh... high ground."

The traveler followed Amber through the city of Mondstadt. The trio walked up some stairs, passing an important-looking building with a symbol. Up some more stairs there was a Tavern and restaurant on the left, and what looked to be a souvenir shop on the left.

"This used to be a bustling street... But with so many Stormterror attacks recently, the usual crows are nowhere to be seen."
"Huh."

The traveler walked over to the lady standing outside the maybe souvenir shop.

"My name is Majorie. Welcome. Every treasure here is unique, so we don't negotiate on the price, nor do we give refunds."
"Could I browse your items?" The traveler asked.
"My, this is unfortunate. The shop's been undergoing renovations recently."
"I see." The traveler said, the wind leaving her sails.
"Drop by next time. Our products will never disappoint!"

Amber, who had been waiting a bit ahead, continued walking and talking after the pair caught up with them.

"So I take it that all the businesses are struggling then?" Jaylenth asked.
"All except for the local tavern near the city wall over there. They haven't been affected. If anything, their business is better than ever."

They continued walking and passed a few more stores and took a left at the fountain. As they approached more stairs Jaylenth heard a lady say, "Oh? Are you interested in going on an adventure?" However, as the traveler followed Amber she never saw who said it. As they approached HQ a large man in uniform standing near the doors said "Haha! Welcome to the adventurer's Guild!" Jaylenth spared a wave at the man and then entered the Knights of Favonius' Headquarters.