Never Let Them Win

https://youtu.be/dGdHAyM6FZY

A/N: Just a song that made me think of Eclipse during this fight.

Eclipse and the hybrid plummeted, clawing and biting at each other until they finally slammed onto a rock platform, still far from the bottom. They laid side by side for a few short seconds, temporarily stunned before getting back on their feet. There was barely enough room for the two of them on the ledge, and Eclipse, blinded by her rage and grief, charged at him, sending them into another freefall. They didn't fall much further before slamming into another ledge, this time, Eclipse landed on top of him. She sunk her teeth into his neck, swinging her head from side to side, ripping his flesh apart, cracking more teeth against his hard scales. 

This ledge was much larger than the last one and when he finally managed to throw Eclipse off of him he quickly pinned her to the wall. With a swing of his tail, he impaled her near her right back leg, close to her spine, the tip of his tail spike hitting the stone wall on the other side of her. She roared in pain, attempting to push him away, clawing at the wounds she had made earlier on his neck, blood continuing to pour out. In a last-ditch effort, Eclipse put all her weight against him, eventually causing him to stumble back a few steps. His tail spike had been cracked when they hit the first ledge and broke off in her, partly holding the bleeding at bay but potentially causing more damage. She had to end this quickly, it was her duty to kill him and in the few seconds it took for him to recover, dozens of memories flooded through her mind. All of (Y/N), training, playing, fighting, staying all night with each other when something was off with one of them, from Eclipse's earliest memories to (Y/N)'s death. Then, her mind cleared around one memory, playing the whole thing for her.

"Hi baby," (Y/N)'s voice, as loving and gentle as ever, although it sounded like she had been crying. 

This was shortly before she was moved in with the other Raptors, no one else was around and it was dark. (Y/N) sat down next to her, running her hand from the top of her snout all the way down to her tail, then resting it on her back, near her neck. Eclipse moved closer to her, trying to comfort her, and they sat in silence for a long time before (Y/N) crawled in front of Eclipse and grabbed Eclipse's bottom jaw with a firm grip, making sure not to scare or hurt her in the process. 

"I don't even know if you can understand me, but if you can, remember this. No matter where you are there will always be something or someone trying to hurt those you care about most. Protect them. Do whatever you have to do to stop them. There's always a way to win. Never let them win."

All of these memories filled her with a second, stronger determination. Her eyes snapped back into focus, this was the last ledge that would be able to hold even one of them. The sky was already a faint sliver above them. She charged at him once again, this time, she knew exactly what to do. She ignored the pain in her side, and at the last second, she ducked and slammed into his legs. He fell partly on top of her but she quickly slipped out from underneath him and before he could recover, she stepped on his head and plunged her claw into his one good eye. She let him find his feet and claw at her, slowly coaxing him to the edge. Then came the hardest part, she let him dig his claws into her side, and then, when his claws were deep enough to hold she kicked at his leg and rolled, hanging him over the edge. He weighed more than her and their injuries were taking a toll on both of them, she wasn't sure how she managed to roll him. 

Eclipse dug her claws into the stone ledge, her claws began to crack as he tried to drag her over the edge with him. He was slipping his claws tearing her open, until finally, he lost his grip and with one final roar, disappeared into the darkness below. Eclipse dragged herself back onto the ledge and laid there, drawing in one ragged breath after another. She could hardly believe it, she had won. She could hear voices getting closer to her but she struggled to keep her eyes open, slowly letting them slip closed. 

Then, for a second she could've sworn she heard (Y/N)'s voice.

"Don't you dare die yet."