Life Changes

While Eclipse and the hybrid had battled below the cliff, Luna had backtracked and met up with Owen. In her panicked state, she couldn't bring herself to stop moving.

"Woah, hey, it's alright, where is she?" Owen tried to calm her.

She knew there was nothing they could do in terms of helping her fight, but even before the two of them fell Eclipse was hurt. They needed to get help if they wanted to give her mother any chance of survival. 

"Did she go to the cliff?" Owen questioned, hoping Luna was like her mother and could understand him.

Luna nodded her head, looking at the blood trail Eclipse had left behind when they led the hybrid through the forest to the cliff. Owen followed her line of sight and seemed to get the picture.

"I know who to call," Owen said, then turned and ran back in the direction of the cabin. 

Colt was managing an area to treat dinosaurs that had been left in the wild, part of that included a rescue team for dinosaurs stuck in areas that weren't easily accessible. Thanks to that, they were able to get to Eclipse, her eyes snapped open as soon as Owen's boots hit the stone. 

"Hey, girl. Look like he did a number on you. Don't worry, we're not gonna let him kill you both," Owen reassured her, she knew he was talking about (Y/N).

Owen knew her chances of survival weren't the greatest. Treating dinosaurs for injuries like this was a whole new ballgame, beyond basic anatomy they would be taking a shot in the dark. But they couldn't just let her die. 

By some miracle, they were able to save her, but her quality of life had drastically decreased. There was damage to her heart and lungs, weakening both, and her hips got the worst of it. They would still be able to support but aside from life or death situations, running was out of the question. That was the part that frustrated her the most, but she had gotten her revenge and no one else had been seriously injured. She allowed Luna to act on her own, Eclipse decided she would stay with Owen, Claire, and Maisie but she had forced her own lifestyle on her daughter for too long already. Velociraptors worked better together but Eclipse wouldn't be of much use to Luna anymore. More Raptors were being bred and released into sanctuaries, but the underground networks that were creating hybrids had also released Raptors into the wild. There was a chance that she could work herself into one of those packs if she could prove her strength.

In the end, Luna stayed until she was full-grown, but she was like (Y/N), she never wanted to stay in one place, always wanted to be moving and learning. The snow had just melted when she left, Eclipse watched her go, longing for the days when Owen would watch (Y/N) and her leave. Every muscle in her body wanted to run away with her but her bones refused to allow her that much movement without pain. Just before Luna disappeared from sight, she turned back and roared, young and determined were a nearly unstoppable combination, and she had the skill to make it. 

 A/N: One more chapter and then Eclipse's story will come to a close.