CHAPTER ~19

Yet he was alone and dissatisfied because the reality is that he actually never got what he wanted . He was always punished without even making any mistakes. Everybody remembers him only when they need him to handle and clear their mess . In spite of the handling of the mess created by his father, he even lost what he had got for the first time in his life.

At this moment, he felt no different from the regular folk that had to grind daily. He felt like a headless chicken, stumbling around in the glass enclosure without direction.

He was not the only one feeling lost.Guinevere looked at his figure and felt empty in her heart. The feeling of impending loss tormented her. She could not sit still anymore. She stumbled towards him and hugged his waist from behind. “Did I do something wrong? Can you tell me directly? Don’t punish me like this, please…”

This time, already exhausted with all this, taehyung did not push her away.
Instead, he turned around and stared at the woman in front of him.

His eyes were dark and deep. After a long silence, he finally said, “I was wrong.”

°•°•°•○°•°•°•●°•°•°•○°•°•°•●°•°•°•○°•°•°

Yn had-taehyung  drop her off at the intersection. She did not want anyone to see him drive her to work. When she arrived at her work building, she went to the parking lot first and then walked towards the elevator. Unexpectedly, a figure suddenly appeared at the corner without warning. She was so shocked that she took a few steps back until a familiar voice came. “Sis, it’s me.”

She let out a sigh of relief. She looked at Roger in front of her and became worried again. “Why are you here?” Roger looked at her with flickering eyes. “I’m worried about you.” Justin had called him last night to explain the situation. Even so, he was still worried. He did not want to sneak out in the middle of the night and make her worry, so he waited for her here early in the morning.

Justin promised that ella would go to work on time the next day, which was why he took his chance to meet her here. After hearing him out, her face sank. “Are you stupid? Can’t you just call?”

She was furious. “Look at the time now. Don’t you have class? Why did you come to look for me? Are you going to school or not?”

Roger said nothing, but his eyes suddenly grew red. He kept his head down and said, “I’m glad you’re fine. I’m going to school now.”

After that, he turned to leave.She watched him walk away and moved her lips. She took out her phone and finally realized it had been turned off automatically last night when the battery died.Startled, she hurriedly chased him.“Roger!”

She pulled his wrist and called his name, but her words remained stuck in her breath.Roger stopped and glanced at her. “I’ll go to school now…”

“I’m sorry,” She interrupted him and apologized softly. “I didn’t notice that my phone was turned off.” Roger gave her a reassuring smile. “It’s okay. I’m glad you’re fine.”

Her nose tingled as she looked at him carefully. Roger looked very haggard with his terrible dark circles and pale face. There were obvious creases on his clothes. Perhaps he did not sleep well last night and came here wearing yesterday’s clothes.

“Don’t do this again. I’m your sister. I’ll definitely take care of myself.”

Roger nodded, “You can go to work first. I’ll see you after class.”

She checked the time. “If you take a taxi, you can make it to your first class in time. Remember to eat breakfast.”

“Okay.” She hurriedly walked into the elevator.Roger watched her go. After a long while, he finally retracted his gaze and turned to leave.